V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bugs
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody installed one of these on a late XL1200? I'm thinking about installing it on my 06 XL1200C (rejetted, SE AC, SEII slipons). Looking for advance control not higher rpms. Wondering if it adds something worthwhile.

·
Administrator
11,285 Posts
dewalt2 said:
Look here:

http://www.xlforum.net/vbportal/forums/showthread.php?t=17882

Should answer your questions. Many over there are running them, mine should be here Thursday.
Where the helll you been hiding?? Anyway, I am looking forward to reading your next post .... sometime in early 07 I imagine. :D

:welcome:

I guess it has to do with "everything has an equal and opposite force" or something like that ... I am guessing you are making up for what Popeye brings to the forum :roflback:

·
To Many Places, No Time
31 Posts
I pretty much stay over at the XL Forum, all sporties all the time.
I do lurk here quite a bit, and today I saw something that needed a good response. I post over there as radar.
A note about the TC88-If you're gona run it on a Sporty. It's designed for the TCBT's and to get it right you have to build a custom map to get it to work properly. The dials will get it close, but not nuts on. Still better than the stocker.
And it only will work on the 04 up bikes.
Later

·
To Many Places, No Time
31 Posts
You're welcome. If you want to tweak your Sporty, that's the place to look.
Go on over and sign up, tell them radar sent you. Best Sportster info on the net.
Later

·
Bugs
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a follow-up. Installed the module and mapped it using Turbota's work from the XLForum as a basis. Now idles better, smoother at low revs, streaks to the rpm limit. No pops no backfires, no detonation. Best mod I've done to date to my Sportster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts