V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK all I am close to putting down my deposit on a 08 roadglide and have a question.What mods can be done without voiding the warranty and what could I expect for peak torque and horsepower?

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am pretty sure that is not true.From harleys site..
WARNING
Installation of Screamin' Eagle Products, and similar products from other manufacturers, except some street legal offerings installed by authorized Harley dealers, may affect your H-D limited vehicle warranty. See your dealer for more information.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
It may not fly in Canada, but in the states, it is the law. They will try anything to get out of it, though. If you have your dealer do the mods, and have him sign that it won't affect your warranty, he will be forced to honor the warranty, even if the Moco doesn't. The extra warranty will not pay if they can get out of it.

Many dealers will still honor it, even with mods, if you know them. Most buyers do a stage I, which is ok and let the warranty expire. If they have not had to much trouble, then is the time to do the heads, bog bore, and cams.

·
Registered
556 Posts
As for HP/TQ, the SE packages are your only options. Your are starting out right with a touring model. In stock trim they develop about 71HP/90TQ; abou 3HP/7TQ more than the Dyna or Softails and apparently the reason is that the touring models have a freer flowing exhaust. In Stage I trim, the touring models will make about 80HP/96TQ. The dyno sheets are MoCo, you can find them on the Nightrider website.

As far as the warranty issue goes, it all comes down to the dealer. Moss-Mangnassun can be used to force the dealer to honor the factory warranty but dealers normally don't offer any warranty. Mortimusmaximus has it right, the dealer has plenty of wiggle room if the repair is not an obvious parts/labor failure.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments guys.

Does anyone have expierience with the screaming eagle mufflers currently available for the road glide?Am I correct in assuming these would be the only mufflers to not void the warranty?

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Those wouls only void the muffler part of the warranty.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Those would only void the muffler part of the warranty. You could always reinstall the origional muffs if you are worried.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts