V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Fastest Chkn N the South!
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As ya'll know I'm doing a GMR 98" with the 525 cams and 9.7cr. Would this setup benefit much from an ignition like the Daytona Twin Tec? This bike will see a wide range of altitudes and weather.

Also, how high would you set the rev limit on this build? It's a B motor. I'm thinking 6200-6300. Stock is what, 5800?

:thanks:

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
I have the DTT (carb'd) and I like the adjustability of it. I've been told that you can't get the FULL benefit of the DTT with C/R under 10.5. You can get a LOT of benefit from it at 9.7, though! I have 9.8 and I'm tickled with it. I have my rev limiter set at 6300. My cam is WAY done before then, I could even back it down a little more.

YEs stock is 5800.

·
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the thoughts G-Glide. :thanks:

Yeah, mine is carbed too.

I'm wondering if there is a power advantage with my upcoming setup in being able to adjust the timing or if the stock timing is pretty close to what I'll need. If not, I might still get one just to be able to play around with the rev limit.

I guess the R&R 525 should have a very similar power range as the S&S 510.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Yes it is worth it. My build is just under 10 to 1 and it helped a lot with pinging, hot restarts and power. Always best to get it dialed in by a pro tuner, but there are some good base maps to start off of out there. Get the patch cable as well if you plan on tuning.

As for rev limit on a b motor.....Just be cautious I would keep at 6k or a little under.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Timing

Most good builds will respond to trimming the timing back, as more cylinder pressure is being generated.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
The DTTI is the only way to go. Great for hot starts and can be fined tuned. I would think you would need more compression to gain the full advantage of the DTTI. Booggerbe

·
Registered
772 Posts
Dtt

Here is another satisfied user. I also have a DTT on a GMR build but the compression ratio is in the 10.5:1 neighborhood. I consider the DTT with WEGO to be a great unit do to its ability to adjust fuel delivery and ignition timing. Especially out here where we can only get 91 octane fuel at the pump.:xhere:

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
The DTT is a great way to go, and I thikn that quality is a tad above the others out there. The pro tuning is there if you want it , but for most builds the curves that are offered will get the job done very well.

·
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all of the input fellas. Time to click on over to EBay. Found one brand new for $240 including shipping.

Just got an email from GMR...the kit has been shipped!:woohoo: Took only 3 weeks just as I was told up front. I like that. :clap:

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
I can't vouch for hp and cr but I can say that when I changed cams the ride got a little rough but when the DTT was installed my ride became glassy smooth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts