V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the shovel twin plugged and need to know a couple of things if you please.... What plugs should I use? Would I need to retard the timing a bit to compensate for a quicker burn? Can anyone recommend a good set of coils to run with this setup, its a street bike so they don't have to be the latest and greatest with a huge pricetag to match. I'm running points..... lastly, is there anything else that needs doing before I fire her up??? Cheers Gus

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info fella's, the 2 six volt coil setup sounds like it'd work, some confirmation would be handy. I've been told to run low ohm coils, but all the twin fire and single fire stuff has me a bit bamboozled. I've got a "your shopping cart" page open loaded with goodies at J&P but really want to know which coils to get before hitting the "checkout" button. Saves heaps on postage to Australia if I can bundle it all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.