V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy`s

Can any one tell me how too, and what is involved to convert my 1200s model to single fire ignition as I have been told (if this is true) that a single fire ignition makes the engine run a lot smoother than twin fire and that it would not affect the performance of the bike. if this is true, would you say that the standard ignition of say a 1200 c would fit right on to my 1200 s I.e the coil only and keep the same standard timing plate in, if not what else would i need to do to do the Job:rolleyes: . cheers.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
The 1200S has a completely different ignition than the standard Sportys, what with it's dual plug heads. Daytona Twin Tec has a solution for you here, though, if you want to study up on it. DTT scroll down on the page for the 1200S note.
FWIW, I put a single fire ignition on my 2002 1200C and it did idle a little smoother but that's all. It wasn't worth it considering the cost of the ignition module and new coil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.