V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all--would appreciate some recommendations on any shops (other than the Stealers) in the mpls-st paul area that can do some custom work as well as mechanical stuff--I'd be interested in knowing kind of work you had done and if prices were fair--------

·
Dues are Paid
124 Posts
Kokesh

Do most all of my own wrenching but, my Brother in law uses...

Kokesh Motorcycle Accessories
(763) 786-9050
8302 Highway 65 NE
Spring Lake Park, MN 55432

And refers other there often. Not the friendliest but do good work reasonable. Hint... They expect you to know what you want when you walk in the door. Don't look to them for advise. It seems like everybody is a RUB or PUB to them.

Tom

·
Registered
31 Posts
Panels said:
Do most all of my own wrenching but, my Brother in law uses...

Kokesh Motorcycle Accessories
(763) 786-9050
8302 Highway 65 NE
Spring Lake Park, MN 55432

And refers other there often. Not the friendliest but do good work reasonable. Hint... They expect you to know what you want when you walk in the door. Don't look to them for advise. It seems like everybody is a RUB or PUB to them.

Tom
Thanks! Now I know where NOT to go. I go to the pros for their expert opinions. If I knew it all, I'd do it myself. If they want to sit on their high horse, they won't be getting any of my money.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
We've gone to Kokesh too for a few things. My OM has mixed feelings about their work though. One of his pet peeves is that they didn't clean things up good. There is another place that supposedly does great work but we haven't taken any of our bikes there. I posted the link awhile back. I'll go search for it and post it here.

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Roy's Repair Shop in Minneapolis. He's supposed to be the best. I guess he specializes in sportbikes but harley owners take their bikes to him as well. Here is his website: http://www.roysrepair.com/

Here is his High Performance page: http://www.roysrepair.com/perf_concept.html

He has a open house type thing in the fall and they block off the street and do burn-outs and stuff. Lots of harley riders there.

joejoe from this board posted that he was taking his bike there. I never saw if he thought they did a good job or not. Maybe he'll see this thread and post or you could pm him.

·
Registered
124 Posts
blazinbob said:
hello all--would appreciate some recommendations on any shops (other than the Stealers) in the mpls-st paul area that can do some custom work as well as mechanical stuff--I'd be interested in knowing kind of work you had done and if prices were fair--------
Another vote for Kokesh here. As for the previous feedback... my girlfriend rebuilt a "72" Sporty by herself (before I met her). It was the first time she did any wrenching on a bike. Kokesh helped her with parts and walked her through the process... she swears by them now. Elvis, the (fairly) new owner is good ****.

Other safe bets:

Moon Motorsports in Monticello
Cycleworks, Elk River
Hitman Motor Sports, White Bear Lake
CycleTech, Spring Lake Park

Shop to avoid at all costs... Ring's Custom Cycle, Rosemount

·
Registered
5,460 Posts
ejmoment said:
Shop to avoid at all costs... Ring's Custom Cycle, Rosemount
Since I drive by this place everyday, I wasn't sure it was even open since I've never seen a bike there. And how did he get to be an authorized Swift shop so soon?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Cop_Stanger said:
Since I drive by this place everyday, I wasn't sure it was even open since I've never seen a bike there. And how did he get to be an authorized Swift shop so soon?
Can't answer that other to say that he's actually been there for some time... at least two years that I know of and prolly longer. He somehow won the warranty service contract for Ghostrider Customs. Could be as simple as he devotes 99% of his time to the $60,000 bikes and does not give a **** for the common biker... I could tell you stories that are nearly beyond belief but I should not until after the court case is resolved.

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
I've had a couple of things done at American Thunder. They moved from Prior Lake down to Savage or Shakopee. Where 13 turns to go toward Burnsville, so I'm not sure if it's considered Shakopee or Savage.

They jumped through a few hoops to help me with my rake job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts