V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the transmission input shaft bust on my 2001 FLHTC. I don't know why, its a long story and I really don't feel like typing it all out right now.

Anyway I was looking on ebay for stock 5 spd takeout trannys and I need to know what will fit. I think the FX trans is different as is the softail but is it just the trans door or are the gearsets different also. can I canabalize one for the input shaft? I haven't priced just the shaft from the MOCO and I probably won't get into doing it myself anyway.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind I just looked up the price of a new trans mainshaft and it's under $100.00. Lots cheaper than the DD6 I really wanted but my Yukon is in the shop for a trans overhaul and the bucks are kind of tight right now.

Its been a bad week for transmissions for me.

here's what the bike stuff looks like though

this ever happen to any of you..?? WTF

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
NitroBerserker said:

this ever happen to any of you..?? WTF
Not on a bike but I done busted a few powerglides and turbo transmissions tho ..........

Not tryin to place blame but I'm curiuos if you were doggin it when it broke or was it just cruisin?

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Neither, I was just trying to start it in the driveway. Hit the sarter buton and it cranked a little then BANG!! at first I thought it was a starter clutch again but it was worse. I had just replaced the starter two days before because of a busted idler gear in the starter. Then I and rode it two days without a problem. I can't see if there is any relation but there may be something I am not thinking of??

·
Registered
929 Posts
I have a complete trapdoor gearset from my flh. $150 shipped

1 - 5 of 5 Posts