V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that a lot of the parts on Harleys are straight from the 305-350 Chevy V8s. Anyone know what parts are interchangeable with a Twin Cam?

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MegaGlide said:
Lifters, for one.
Even light weight high performance ones? I just was looking at Jesel's web site and noticed they now have a V-Twin line. Steel bodied with Aluminum core lifters, Aluminum rocker arms. Sounds like serious money to me.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
wkohn said:
I have heard that a lot of the parts on Harleys are straight from the 305-350 Chevy V8s. Anyone know what parts are interchangeable with a Twin Cam?
I don't know about physical parts if any. The Delphi engine management module (fuel injection, etc.) uses the same fault codes/reasons as a GM product, so I would surmise the engine management process is very similar.

·
What did I do now?
965 Posts
84FXRP said:
I don't know about physical parts if any. The Delphi engine management module (fuel injection, etc.) uses the same fault codes/reasons as a GM product, so I would surmise the engine management process is very similar.
All manufacturers use the same fault code standards since OBD-II standards were set by the Feds back in 1995. All the codes now are BXXXX for body codes CXXXX Chassis codes and PXXXX for powertrain codes. You can thank those crazy Californians for that.

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
Biker Bry said:
All manufacturers use the same fault code standards since OBD-II standards were set by the Feds back in 1995. All the codes now are BXXXX for body codes CXXXX Chassis codes and PXXXX for powertrain codes. You can thank those crazy Californians for that.
YOU'RE :welcome: We here in California try to do all we can to help you unfortunate folks in fly-over country.:clap: :roflback:

Joe

·
What did I do now?
965 Posts
jasilva said:
YOU'RE :welcome: We here in California try to do all we can to help you unfortunate folks in fly-over country.:clap: :roflback:

Joe
Actually I like the new standards. Should have been standardized long ago.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Biker Bry said:
Actually I like the new standards. Should have been standardized long ago.
Me too. For once the land of fruits and nuts did something worthwhile. :roflback: :roflback: :roflback:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What about the wrist pins and valves? Pushrods? Valve Springs?

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
Biker Bry said:

I resemble that remark! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts