V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is some excellent reading/information on Twin Cam engines here .
They also back up my opinion of NOT buying any "SE" parts.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Keep in mind this is one persons opinion. Over the years, Donnie Peterson has made a lot of statements that have not quite been on the mark. Just because he says it, don't make it so. Don't get me wrong, he is no doubt very knowledgeable about most things Harley but he ain't the ultimate source. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
There is no "ultimate source". You just have to listen to more than one opinion and make your own mind up. Not much different than reading 4 editorials in the newspaper and then trying to figure out which one makes more sense, etc.

G

·
" Not much different than reading 4 editorials in the newspaper "...

Excellent point Ed! Only thing I'd add is "in different newspapers" ...

·
Registered
515 Posts
I guess i'm kind slow tonight, but i gotta hop on my machine and hook up with everyone up town at are local festival. I just don't see where the argument not to buy Screamin Eagle stuff. I tryed to find quickly were he had written that screamin eagle was envolved the the TC88 from the ground floor up.. oh well. I'm really curious about this opinion. gotta go

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
I have read many of Donny Petersons articles on the Twin Cam motors and he seems pretty hung up on certain areas of concern regarding the MoCos cam drive. In issue after issue he reels about the defective nature of the design flaws of the chain driven cams to the extent of beating a dead horse. I do agree that gear drive is a more accurate and stronger means of controling crank to cam timing but this dude is touting the fact to no end. Hell, Chevy has used timing chains in thier small and big block V-8s for damn near half a century with great success.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts