V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I paid $15 to change this
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a company that builds a set of cases that bolts into a twin cam frame, but uses EVO guts (single cam).

Anybody know of such a beast???

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
I think he wants a fatso motor that bolts in a twin cam frame.

·
I paid $15 to change this
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
route66paul said:
I think he wants a fatso motor that bolts in a twin cam frame.
bingo...... looking for a set of cases that bolts into a tcframe, but uses evo single cam motor parts. I know I have seen these cases in the past, but cant remember where.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
i think your problem is mounting tranny. there is a plate to mount tc88 motor in aftermarket frames, but havnt seen the reverse. am finishing fatvo build now. it will bolt in aftermarket frames as well as evo softail frames.
http://www.sputhe.com/
[/IMG]

·
Go fast or dont go.
150 Posts
Jims has a mount for putting a TC into an EVO mount.

http://www.jimsusa.com/whatsnew.html

i like their new 131, a great starting point...lol.

hey i wonder if my HD warrenty is void now...:hmmm: everytime i pull into the local HD dealership i tell them im here for some warrenty work and they all just laugh.

sorry about the thread jacking.

·
MaxHeadflow
1,344 Posts
If you are going into an FLH frame, all you need is a a late model FLH Evo tranny and you can bolt a Evo motor into a TC frame. So in other words use a EVO FLH drive train in a bagger TC.. If you want to bolt to a TC tranny you are out of luck. The reason being that the oil rear motor mount also contains the crankcase scavenge passage that goes to the breather gear. There is probably no place to put it, so I'd doubt anyone would want to try and find out a way to engineer a set of cases.. Bruce

·
OUCH! That hurt
696 Posts
Claydbal I built one of those when they first came out & it needed a lot of extra work to get everything to fit right. Since then they have made some changes & I'm interested to see how it works out for you. I hope you'll let us know. I'm still running mine & it is a nice motor.

·
155" R&R TwinCam
3,437 Posts
As long as you use the Evo trans. and bore the swingarm pivot for the larger shaft. The last two bikes I built 02 RK with 124" S&S Evo and 5 speed, 06 RK with R&R 155" Twincam Evo mount to a 5 speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts