V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,got bike back last night,first thing I thought,it's noise.Thought the 211s sounded better.But,today is a new day.Fired it up and wow,it's a very DEEP GROWL,very loud,I like it!!! The noise isn't as bad as I though it was last night. The power is where I want it,low to mid rpm.I did install the 4* advanced gear also.So,I am happy with the cam swap and power.(FOR NOW) Thanks to everyone who gave me feed back on this project.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ok,got bike back last night,first thing I thought,it's noise.Thought the 211s sounded better.But,today is a new day.Fired it up and wow,it's a very DEEP GROWL,very loud,I like it!!! The noise isn't as bad as I though it was last night. The power is where I want it,low to mid rpm.I did install the 4* advanced gear also.So,I am happy with the cam swap and power.(FOR NOW) Thanks to everyone who gave me feed back on this project.
Sounds good did you do the heads? What comp ratio and pistons
etc ?

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I've got that cam in the "H" version and a 4 degree advance also. It is my third set of cams in this motor. These are perfect for me. My head guy got the geometry right in the valve train, so they aren't that noisy at all. I'm running 9.8-1 and it runs very strong. I've been tempted to add some comp and run them straight up, but so far I'm leaving well enough alone.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tw6 install

My heads where already ported,9.5:1 compression.I run a thunderheader and like I said the sound is hard to beat

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Sounds good Secondchance, glad your happy! Let us know if you get a dyno curve, I would love to see that. -Tutt

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I'm glad you got it installed. It's a good cam.
Mike

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Mike,again for that cam and gear set.They come on,just where I want them to.Could use more compression.That may be next.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts