V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Do'in the chicken dance
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else out there running woods tw400g cams...And if so how are workin for you????

·
Registered
487 Posts
107 at 11:1 underground heads axtell cylinders V&H Pro pipe 51mm t body in a duece peak # 127 tq 4200 123 hp 5600 107 tq at 2k a little on the noisy side but not bad and a lot of fun to ride {customers bike} have the same in a 103 has not been tuned yet not quite as noisy but pulls hard

·
Do'in the chicken dance
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Otto said:
107 at 11:1 underground heads axtell cylinders V&H Pro pipe 51mm t body in a duece peak # 127 tq 4200 123 hp 5600 107 tq at 2k a little on the noisy side but not bad and a lot of fun to ride {customers bike} have the same in a 103 has not been tuned yet not quite as noisy but pulls hard

Good numbers specially on a decuce . yea mine is really strong too havent got it broke in yet its the noise thats got me worried....Do you know what kind of spring pressure youve got???

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
The dyno runs on Woods site for these are killer

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have 10k on mine now in my 03 CVO SERK. It runs way smoother than stock. No noise and no surging like it had when stock. Just did CCP for the first time and got 245psi F and 235R. Bob said due to carbon build up but liked it. No problems starting with CR. At 75 mph I get 48 mpg. I had 240 on the trip meter before I filled up.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
I've got one in my 103 and I love the cam. 100ftlbs at 2700 and just keeps on climbing,well to 117 anyway. I was afraid at first it had to soft a bottom but after break in it went from 83# at 2700 to a 100# at 2700. Yes you can hear the cam, hell your sitting on top of the engine .It's sounds like a big block chevelle with solid lifter to me, and has never bothered me.

·
Do'in the chicken dance
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ReynoldsS said:
It's sounds like a big block chevelle with solid lifter to me, and has never bothered me.
That is exactely how I would describe it...It really wouldnt bother me at all if I knew it wasnt hurting anything.. How many miles do you have on it??? And what springs are you running???

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
nidan said:
The dyno runs on Woods site for these are killer

I like to see independent dyno runs as compared to ones on the site that sells the cam. Kinda like askin McDonalds if their Big Mac's are any good!!:huh: :xhere:

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
The 400 is a nice cam and one I almost chose. I went with the TW408G instead and it is one helluva cam. Lots of torque and it just keeps on pulling. You may want to consider it also.

·
Do'in the chicken dance
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would have rather ran the 408's but woods came out with them after I already had the 400's I think iam gonna be needing a stronger starter even with the compression releases in when shes warm the stock starter barely cranks er...

:unsure:

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'd agree it's better to see independent dyno's , but Bobby is a pretty squared away guy , and his cams are in enough smilin hands that I wouldn't knock his numbers too hard.

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
475wildey said:
Would have rather ran the 408's but woods came out with them after I already had the 400's I think iam gonna be needing a stronger starter even with the compression releases in when shes warm the stock starter barely cranks er...

:unsure:
I am in the same situation. I don't know how much longer my stock starter will be able to take it. Someone posted up they ran a Tech Tornado Starter??? I think that is the one I searched. They make a 2.0 output starter. The screamin eagle version is only a 1.2 and is high compared to the tech tornado 1.4 which comes in chrome or natural finish. Not sure what I should go with yet. Still researching starters.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
nidan said:
I'd agree it's better to see independent dyno's , but Bobby is a pretty squared away guy , and his cams are in enough smilin hands that I wouldn't knock his numbers too hard.
I know, I was just being facetious.......;)

·
Do'in the chicken dance
3,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Fatb0y said:
I am in the same situation. I don't know how much longer my stock starter will be able to take it. Someone posted up they ran a Tech Tornado Starter??? I think that is the one I searched. They make a 2.0 output starter. The screamin eagle version is only a 1.2 and is high compared to the tech tornado 1.4 which comes in chrome or natural
Actually the se version is 1.4kw Iam running the se on my 124 it has s&s 640 cams and even at 12to1 comp It turns over no problem also has s&s electric comp releases but i dont think its got the cranking pressure of the 113 with woods cams..Never heard of the tornado but 2.0 sounds like a good idea ...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have had the 400 in for 10K now. I had to replace the starter clutch right after the build. I bought the Spyke starter clutch and it has been flawless. With carbon build up it now pumps 245F and 235R CCP.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts