V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
Curves look good for a 21G cam. TQ is from before 2k until 4.5K and is pretty standard for this cam with short duration and early intake closing. It has the TQ curve where you ride a bagger. I think it is good numbers for stock heads and this cam.
Hope you enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
glad to see an honest dyno chart. Was expecting to see another 100/100 for a build that shouldn't even approach those figures. It sure seems a few charts have trumped up and inflated numbers by a tuner playing tricks with the dyno.

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
05fatty said:
glad to see an honest dyno chart. Was expecting to see another 100/100 for a build that shouldn't even approach those figures. It sure seems a few charts have trumped up and inflated numbers by a tuner playing tricks with the dyno.

05fatty,
I'm just finishing up a similar build for a friend with Baisley's heads, rollers, etc.
About the only difference at all is he decided on the 8 instead of the 6H. I tried to get him to go with the 6H as that is what I'm running in my 80" EVO, but he decided on the 8. Could you tell me what your bike is making? I'd be curious.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
ROY YOUNG said:
05fatty,
I'm just finishing up a similar build for a friend with Baisley's heads, rollers, etc.
About the only difference at all is he decided on the 8 instead of the 6H. I tried to get him to go with the 6H as that is what I'm running in my 80" EVO, but he decided on the 8. Could you tell me what your bike is making? I'd be curious.
Sorry about temporarily hi-jacking this thread.

Roy, the dyno chart is in this section under the thread "Baisley Pro Street and TW6-HG".

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"glad to see an honest dyno chart. Was expecting to see another 100/100 for a build that shouldn't even approach those figures. It sure seems a few charts have trumped up and inflated numbers by a tuner playing tricks with the dyno."
Maybe that is why I am a little disapointed in the hp. I was expecting to hit at least 80. Thinking of getting a DTT adjustable ignition module. I don't want to mess up my afr any idea if the DTT has an effect on afr? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Mtclassic said:
"glad to see an honest dyno chart. Was expecting to see another 100/100 for a build that shouldn't even approach those figures. It sure seems a few charts have trumped up and inflated numbers by a tuner playing tricks with the dyno."
Maybe that is why I am a little disapointed in the hp. I was expecting to hit at least 80. Thinking of getting a DTT adjustable ignition module. I don't want to mess up my afr any idea if the DTT has an effect on afr? thanks
As a "general' rule more advance tends to lean out the motor...you dont want any more advance down low...that cam makes high combustion pressures at the low rpms (which is why the torque is so big so soon) ..fools the motor into having more compression with the early close...you might want to try and be more agressive starting at 3500 and gradually dialing it in and see how it likes it. It will want a little more fuel there also.

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Syclone, where would a good starting point be using a DTT? Would I need a custom program or could I achieve what I need just turing the dials? thanks

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The DTT must have helped. Put it back on the dyno with the same tech and it hit 80hp and same 94tq and curve on a 4th gear sae. did a 5th gear run and hit 97.93 tq and 81.18 hp. Tech was impressed with the tq for such a mild build.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The 21 is an excellent cam for dressers. I had one in my 2000 FLHT = 88 inch ,never had the motor apart. 90 tq. and 73 hp. Thunder header and stock carb.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts