V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
Was wondering if there are any recommendations with my new cam setup and the Crane Ign HI4TC. I just switched from the SE-211 cams to the
TW-5G. I was running -3 initial and a slope of 5. I was wondering if the new cams might require a more aggressive or less aggressive set up.
Any input would be great. The rest of my set up is listed in my signature below.
Getting ready for a trip to the dyno
As always thanks for your input ………………

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Hello hotshotfxdl, as you know, I am definiteley a lover of the TW-5G cam and will look forward to seeing the results of your dyno.

Are you retarding your timing because you are getting ping issues??? Just curios...........

All the best, Ozzie

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well as I understand it 0 initial and slope 5 is the about the same as a stock ignition. The -3 and 5 is what I was using with the SE-211 cams.
That is what I came up with on the dyno. Not to say it was the very best setting but out of the ones I tried it was. SeaHag was running -5 and slope 6 I believe I am going to be giving that a try too. With the SE-211 I was having some knocking and it did seem better at those settings but it also started better on those hot summer days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts