V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a o2 sensor bung from my local auto parts, surprised how big it is.
My question is , i'm going to install the bung why i'm waiting for the tvll , how long is the o2 sensor?
I have Samson fishtails and i think i have enough room were the pipe bends around the rear cylinder.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
SEDELUXE05 said:
hey mori if no one can give you an answer call tv and ask their techs where it can go. how far and on what pipe they recomend. you really dont want to fool around with this twice. remember measure 2x cut once
I know they want you to get close to the rear cylinder, the way that pipes wraps around your kind of limited to one area. Icalled and their gone for the weekend.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Mori, are you positive you have the correct bung? the correct one is a metric.... The sensor sticks out about 2-1/2 inches, good luck on the placement. having just installed mine a couple of days ago, I'd reccomend waiting tol you actually have the sensor in hand before you start drilling and welding on a few hundred dollars worth of pipes....
You have to get the angle just right for clearance wqherever you decide to put them....

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
adlerx said:
Mori, are you positive you have the correct bung? the correct one is a metric.... The bung sticks out about 2-1/2 inches, good luck on the placement. having just installed mine a couple of days ago, I'd reccomend waiting tol you actually have the sensor in hand before you start drilling and welding on a few hundred dollars worth of pipes....
You have to get the angle just right for clearance wqherever you decide to put them....
I called Terry and he gave me the size of the bung, but i never asked for the size of the 02 sensor.
Are you saying from the pipe out the02 sensor sticks out 2-1/2 inces? How did you connect your wires ? Did you solder and use heatshrink or connectors? I saw one link were they used solder and liquid eletrical tape.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I measured mine just now and it's approx. 2.75" to the end of the metal to the base of the bung at the pipe. It's approx. 3.75" to the end of the bend in the wiring to the base of the bung at the pipe. These dimensions are from the surface of the exhaust pipe, out, not the surface of the bung.
As you can see it takes a little room to bend the wires back if they won't be routed straight away. I put a sparkplug in my bung to hold up to the pipe, but I believe the sparkplug is not quite as long as the sensor is.
I have Rinehart true duals on mine and the sensor is on the rear cylinder just above the starter.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
Damn, I post a pic and I can't see it myself. Someone will have to let me know if it shows up. The site won't let me view it.

·
Dog is my copilot
85 Posts
Skippy,

No problem, the images showed up.

Gibby

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
They showed up great but there's really no way to get the feeling of "scale" in pics.

Mori, Read my lips! They stick way the heck out there, That's why I recommended to have yours in hand before you decided to drill and weld....

Mine is a couple of inches lower than the ones on the 06 Dyna, above the trans and in front of the starter. Fits there easy with my ProPipe, really nowhere else to put it...

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
adlerx said:
They showed up great but there's really no way to get the feeling of "scale" in pics.

Mori, Read my lips! They stick way the heck out there, That's why I recommended to have yours in hand before you decided to drill and weld....

Mine is a couple of inches lower than the ones on the 06 Dyna, above the trans and in front of the starter. Fits there easy with my ProPipe, really nowhere else to put it...
I'll wait for it i didn't realize it was that long.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The sensor is already wired to the TVII unit. Nothing need there. You only have to wire the unit into the wiring harness.

My bike is still in storage else I would shot a few pictures. But the length of a spark plug from nut up is about right.

I have Bud headers so I was good to go immediately. Can not even see the sensor but of course someone spots it in the reflection on the tranny cover and I get the "What the #$%^?" questions!

Good luck, I rode last year with mine, very pleased.

·
Dog is my copilot
85 Posts
styd24,

In another thread on this unit there is some concern about using one of the cylinders to tune both... since it seems you've been riding this for the longest of people who have posted, do you have any comments about it? Did you ever take out the plugs to compare the cylinders? I have one on order and I believe it will be perfect for what I'm looking for... but if you had something to add I think others may be interested.

Gibby

·
Registered
107 Posts
gibby said:
styd24,

In another thread on this unit there is some concern about using one of the cylinders to tune both... since it seems you've been riding this for the longest of people who have posted, do you have any comments about it? Did you ever take out the plugs to compare the cylinders? I have one on order and I believe it will be perfect for what I'm looking for... but if you had something to add I think others may be interested.

Gibby
I did (check the plugs) when I first installed it back in May of '05. I was having hesitation in throttle response. Terry Comp (both Keith Terry and Jim) stuck with me and we ended up moving the TPS sensor connections up to the throttle body which took care of it (which are now in the install instructions). I was checking the plugs after every ride. They were about as perfect as perfect can be.

The only thing I had to do was adjust the throttle plate as described in the tech tips listed on Terry Comp website which is the same thing DTT users do.

I wish I had my dyno sheet to scan that AFR line was straight & flat. My sensor is on the front Cylinder to boot. I am running true Duals (Bud Headers).

·
Dog is my copilot
85 Posts
Thanks styd24...

That is great news. One more question. What kind of build are you running otherwise? I am putting it on a stock TC88b with rinehart 2-1 and SE air kit. Others are wondering if they will need a stage I or II download with a 95 in. build. I am also wondering if I'll need to get the Stage I 1450 download.

Gibby

·
Registered
107 Posts
Last year was running a stock with pipes (Bud headers, S&S SPO Touring), SE Air Cleaner and 203 cam. No download! Passed on it since I was planning on a 95 over the winter.

I am actually headed to the shop this morning to decide on what to do for timing,etc. (SERT or Download).

You have to get the ECU close, then the TVII will do the rest.

My biggest concern was gas mileage. I was watching everyone around me drop significantly with all the EFI options (DFO, PCIII, SERT). I did not see a drop in mileage at all. I looked at the DTT system but it is not an option on Stock bikes. They recommend big builds only. Like someone else said, finding a tuner is near impossible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts