V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is where this should be posted.
I seen TWO WHEEL TUESDAY last night on the SPEED channel. They gave a report that the most viewed motorcycle programming is viewed less then the least watched (any other) motor sports programming. I think we should and need to support any and all kinds of motorcycle programming or we may not have any at all. Maybe there is a speed channel website that we can find out what we can do to keep or increase motorcycle programs. Just my thoughts. BIRD

·
Just bad
698 Posts
Maybe if they produce more quality shows people will watch them. The last couple of new shows that ran on Discovery (included the Choppers Inc vs. Bourget (sp?) episode) were pretty decent. Previous shows were basically variations on one hour specials of your favorite posers going to _________ (your favorite bike rally here) and "misbehaving".

·
Just bad
698 Posts
yellowFatboy200 said:
WTF is the speed channel? I don't recall ever seeing that 1. Anyone have their web site?
www.speedtv.com aka "the Nascar Channel". Don't know about your neck of the woods but Mediaone I mean AT&T I mean Comcast moved Speed Channel up to the 100s (digital only) a couple of years ago. Its ch 607 on Directv not that I ever watch it or anything :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I've been watching "Two Wheel Tuesdays" for the past couple of years. It's about the only thing that gets me through the winter...and if I can't watch it that night, I tape it watch it later. Lots of road racing and motocross coverage.

That American Thunder show had an interesting series on the Night Train performance upgrade last season...and I really enjoy when they talk to the historical figures in racing...but they can lose that chic that "hosts" the show.

P.S. Dave Despain is The Man! From what I can tell, he's a guy who knows mototrcycles and how to have fun on them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Maybe they should change the programming!

I get sick of watching GP roadracing all the time! Corbins Ride On, American Thunder, and Bike Week with Dave Despain are all decent enough, although they've been running reruns of American Thunder for as long as I can remember! Maybe if THEY put the effort into MC programming they'd get better results!

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
The problem isn't that nobody will watch it but that it is only on a few channels and a lot of people are unable to get some of those channels and if you don't have cable or a dish you won't get any of them.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yellowFatboy200 said:
WTF is the speed channel? I don't recall ever seeing that 1. Anyone have their web site?
I know discovory channel runs new school things but I was talking about the SPEED Channel with only motorsports on it. I like it and I think we all should support it (ratings you know).

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jbirdt2001 said:
Hope this is where this should be posted.
I seen TWO WHEEL TUESDAY last night on the SPEED channel. They gave a report that the most viewed motorcycle programming is viewed less then the least watched (any other) motor sports programming. I think we should and need to support any and all kinds of motorcycle programming or we may not have any at all. Maybe there is a speed channel website that we can find out what we can do to keep or increase motorcycle programs. Just my thoughts. BIRD
www.speedtv.com

G

·
I watched Two Wheel Tuesday last night. I think that's a new twist on the Tuesday night programming.

They still have Bike Week with Dave Despain.

And Michelle Smith is hosting a new series of American Thunder. This show previewed 2003 bikes and the last Love Ride with Cheryl Crow. These are new shows. Michelle still looks delicious.

Then they have several hours of racing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Michelle Smith is a top notch biker babe. My wife is convinced it's why I sit through reruns of American Thunder....Hmmmm she might be onto something there :p

Hogrider :cool:
03 Road Glide

G

·
Bike Week has been cancelled, it's now all reruns too. American Thunder has been in reruns for years (Michelle's probably a gramma now, albeit a mighty fine looking one ...) and so far as I can tell they only shot 4 episodes of Corbin's Ride-on that they show over and over again. If they want me to watch,, they gotta come up with some new stuff.

·
I ain't right
391 Posts
It seemed this week everything was new, i think that is why they had that guy in the "garage" trying to promote the 2 wheel tuesday shows and get new viewers. Channel 150 on Dish. If they put 1/10th the effort of thier NASCAR efforts into cycle programing they wouldn't need to beg us to spread the word and watch.

Micheel Smith was right when she said she looked better in leather than the previous 2 hosts :) !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts