V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Softtail Nighttrain imported to Europe from the US. Since this is an US-import the turnlights are always on. In order to get it registered with new licenceplates I need to turn this function off, so that the turnlights are only on when the signals are used. Any ideas on how I can fix this would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I believe there are two hot wires going to each signal light, which is a double filiment bulb,and the ground is through the frame. You should be able to simply cut or disconnect the wire that powers the running light component. Of course you will need to insulate the cut which is still hot.

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
The wire to the front running turn signal lamps is blue. Find the harness connector to the front turn signals and disconnect the blue wire. You can either cut it, not recommended, or remove it from the connector housing and put heat shrink over the terminal.
8-Ball is incorrect, there is a black ground wire to the lights. Ground on the new bikes is provided through the wiring, not through a mechnical connection.
Good luck.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
LittleBear said:
8-Ball is incorrect, there is a black ground wire to the lights. Ground on the new bikes is provided through the wiring, not through a mechnical connection.
Hate it when I am found to be incorrect... but in general I'm not a bad guy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts