V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What needs to be purchased to goto 95 inches from 88?

I know cams, cylinders and pistons, but what about carb motifications, ignition, heads, and so on..

I want to do the conversion soon, but I'm not sure whats involved,
so I'm asking you guys/gals!

Also, anyone thats done the 95 inch kit, were there any other mod's that you did that made a difference or you personally recommend?

Thanks in advance. nickp.

fyi- my bike is a 01 deuce with carb (thunderjet slider kit installed).

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
A set of 1550 pistons. The cast flat tops are about 130 bucks.
You can have the stock cylinders bored, and this is actually not only cheaper but the preferred option. About 110 bucks. A few gaskets.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Try the Mikuni HSR 42. I previously had the CV carb w/ a Yost Power Tube. The new carb is a Killer !! I was also very impressed with the SE high compression pistons and SE heads.
twincamzz:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response. I'm not a big catalog guy, but I just got the 2003 H-D catalog in the mail last week and see that I can pretty much choose a SE "kit" and purchase all the components. I'm sure labor won't be cheap either.

Probably take the plunge in January or February. Gotta save some dough for this one!
Thanks again guys. nickp.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Just do it. The big bore really wakes up the twin cam. Definately check into heads or headwork. Talk to lots of people and read Hot bike and American Iron they usually have lots of good articles about performance related topics. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Depends on your wrench. I got the 95" Stage II kit w/ 258 cams, high compression pistons, SE heads, Mikuni HSR42 carb installed for 10 hours labor- 540.00. I did not think this was unreasonable.
twincamzz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just do it!

I did the Big bore with the HTCC heads and pistons, 44 mm CV carb & manifold, SE211 cams on a 2001 Fatboy and I gotta tell ya, it's beyond awsome:D

Before doing it I had the V&H Bigshots and they would not work with this set up. It just wouldn't make the power. I had to change exhaust so I went with the V&H Streight shots, with baffles. Now It's at 90 hp and 96.4 TQ. If I take the baffles out the power goes up to 96.5 HP and 102 TQ.

In the new catalog they now offer heads that are already CNCed that would add about 10 HP to the set up as I have it now. (I'll be having my heads worked this winter)

This whole thing (parts and labor) cost me $4200 and change.

I would have done it myself and saved the money but I wanted it done now kind of thing not in the 2 months it would have taken me to do it myself with the limited amount of time I have to dedicate to it...

Hope my story is of some help to you in making your decision, Good luck:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I will be damned... I just posted a question in the T/C 88 forum about the HTCC stuff. I think It will be the way I will go... The local wrench is gonn acheck about the factory ported heads for me and get back to me if he thinks it is worth the money or if I will be better served with the other heads and a port and polish job.... but Glyph you seem to have the same setup he quoted me except I will probly got with Thunderheader for the exhaust( local wrench's word)...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts