V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Road King Custom and want to relocation the turn signals to the forks. I have a detachable wind shield with the docking hardware. I'm thinking the lower bolt connection are on the wind shield docking hardware. Has anyone tried this? Is a spacer required or any other hardware?

hej
06 Road King Custom
Yellow Pearl

·
Still in one piece
269 Posts
I did mine about six months ago using the stock turn signals first to see if I liked it. I used a piece of threaded rod and some red locktite and it's still holding. I did it because I wanted removed the aux lights and support bar. It did not affect the detachable windshield.

·
Still in one piece
269 Posts
I also relocated the wiring to go behind the forks. Tie wrap them so they don't interfere with the rubber fork stop.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
I did it to my '05 RK Custom. You should be able to see it in my avatar. If not, I can send you a photo.

I didn't use any adapters. I just unbolted them from the handlebars and bolted them to the lower bolt. The only problem with this is that one of the mounts will look backwards because of the bend in it. I swiveled the light so it mostly covers the mount and you don't really notice unless you look closely. I saw a post awhile back that mentioned a shop that specifically sold brackets for this swap but I don't recall the name or url.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
They look much better mounted to the light bar (below the fog lamps). I did it to a bike the other day. Kit says it fits Fat Boys, doesn't mention FLHRS, but it DOES fit. Same bullet turn signal as your rears.

·
Another Great Day to Ride
963 Posts
ChopperDude said:
They look much better mounted to the light bar (below the fog lamps). I did it to a bike the other day. Kit says it fits Fat Boys, doesn't mention FLHRS, but it DOES fit. Same bullet turn signal as your rears.
I would have to agree with you... However, the FLHRS doesn't come stock with passing lamps (fog lamps), but, it does with the bullet turn signals on the bars...

E

·
Registered
443 Posts
ChopperDude said:
My bike had the passing lamps already on it at the dealer. Used the same kit as chopperdude to relocate t/s when I changed bars. They are the way to go IF you've got passing lamps IMO.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Relocation kit

I did this to my FXST year when I put some beach bars on the bike. I don't like the mickey mouse wire splices so I soldered mine and put heat shrink around the splices at staggered position so it still fits within the shrink tube. Go get some shrink wrap at Radio Shack and you can keep the job very clean. I tie wrapped the right side wires to the brake line and I put a clamp on the left side and mounted it to the lower left triple tree pich bolt. It looks pretty good in my opinion. Smaller bullet type turn signals would look a bit cleaner if I could find some.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts