V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read that thundermax can sometimes cause problems with the automatic turn signal shut off system. I ask because my right turn signal doesn't work at all, although the front light stay on when I turn on the ignition. And the left side works fine. But I've changed the switch, and it still doesn't work. I've tested the circuit right up to the switch and it is getting juice. But I can't figure out the pro blem. Anyone with a TMAX experience weird happenings with their turn signals? I should add that I've ran tmax without a problem for weeks. This happened after a handlebar switch (I've since pulled and checked all the wires -- no crimps or problems of any kind that I can detect -- which is why the circuit test turned out OK). But I'm out of ideas. I'm no expert on eletrical systems. Hope someone out there can help.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Have you checked the bulbs? If you have dual filiment bulbs, one of the filiments in one of the bulbs may be burned out.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
bigjailerman said:
could also be low on blinker fluid...just sayin'
Dang! I didn't think of that! You're probably right. I have found on my bike that pretty often my problems are caused by a loose nut behind the handle bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts