V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Scooter Trash
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replaced my handlebars with internally wired ones and finally got everything put back together last night. I tried all my lights and switches before I put my controls/lights back on the bars. Everything worked, but I overlooked the signals on my eyebrow, where my oil light is also located. The driver's side does not work, but the passenger side works fine. Does anybody have any ideas to where I should look? I didn't have to splice any wires, the wires were long enough using the service loop. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
Sometimes the deutsch connectors make half contact if they weren't put in all the way. Another thing to check, do the rear signals work? If yes then it's the six pin multilock connector for the turn signals, if no, then the switch isn't working and you need to check the deutsch connector. Good luck.

·
Scooter Trash
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both the front and rear turn signals are working, just not the indicator light for the signals on the eyebrow. Is the six pin connector the one that plugs into the indicator lights behind the headlight? If not, I guess I'll have to pull my harness out and check the duetsch connectors.

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
Ahh, I'd check that with a light meter and make sure the bulb isn't burned out before I dug too deep into the wiring harness. If the lights are working fine than the six pin connector and the deutsch connectors are fine so you'll have to look elsewhere. Let me know if the bulb is burned out and we'll try something else if it isn't...

·
Scooter Trash
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I took off the eyebrow today to see if one of the wires came loose when I had everything apart. I wanted to start with something easy, instead of pulling the wiring out to get at the duetsch connectors. Well after I took off the eyebrow, I decided to try the lights. Well it worked this time, so the bulb wasn't burnt out. The wire for that turn signal indicator must have came loose when I had the front end apart. I put it back together and works great. Hard to believe that I actually lucked out and found the problem right away. Thanx for the tips though.

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
Congrats...Just glad you found the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts