V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at replacing my 03 TC88 speedo, why won't the turn signals work when the speedo is removed? Will aftermarket speedos address this if I replace the speedo, i.e. the dakota digital or Wire Plus units? Thanks - Peter

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
the VSS (vehicle speed sensor) wire goes through the speedo before making it out to anything else, the security light in the speedo may have something to do with it too. Both of thos tie in with the TSSM (turn signal security module).

Not sure if the aftermarket stuff addresses that, but I think it would be safe to assume so or you would have heard about it already.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I screwed up, when I initially tested with the speedo removed, I had the ignition in the accessory position, for the turn signals to work, you have to be in the run setting. The perils of having a beer while you working on your scoot...

·
Registered
20 Posts
replacing speedo

I have a 2000 FXST and i recently changed my tank to a daytec with smooth top...pop up cap...etc.. I replaced my stock speedo with a Dakota Digital HLY 3014...2 1/16 mini round speedo. After hooking up all wires, I had two that had no home. A white with green stripe and black with green stripe. The white with green stripe wire came out of my stock speed as "speed signal out "and returned to the turn signal canceller. the black with green stripe was running from the speedo check enginge light to the ignition module, black side, as a ground i suppose.
Anyway, after calibrating the Dak Dig speedo, my turnsignals wont work.
Any one have any Ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kinda the same problem...

I have a 96 Road King that I have put a flat top tank on , removing the speedo completely. Does anyone know why my right signal works but the left doesnt? I am sure it is a speedo issue but what can I do to solve it? Hmmmm???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts