V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told over the weekend by a service guy at a HD dealership. That if I use any tuner besides a SERT all warranties are void..? I was planning on purchasing a TFI and giving it a try but now don't know if that is a great idea..?

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
That same guy should have told you that the SERT also voids warranty...

In some cases, in real life, you will rarely be turned down for warranty work if you have these mods unless the repair is directly related to aftermarket part installed. Actually, it's the law! Been posted here a few times, maybe someone will chime in with the specifics.
When my bike was under warranty I had warranty work done at 3 different dealers in three different states and none of them ever mentioned my tfi/PC.
But if i had it to do over again, I'd go with the SERT, It was not available for MM when I started doing mods to my bike so forst it was TFI, then after one season I upgraded to PCIII which is WAYYY better and may yet get SERT, trying an o2 sensor system first.
My advice, get the SERT, it's $360 at Zannotti's, about the same as a PCIII and only a hundred or so more than TFI......

·
Registered
755 Posts
WHOOTZ said:
I was told over the weekend by a service guy at a HD dealership. That if I use any tuner besides a SERT all warranties are void..? I was planning on purchasing a TFI and giving it a try but now don't know if that is a great idea..?
Clickety Click...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a power tuner today from my harley dealer to install on my heritage softail classic efi. Is this the same thing as a sert? Or did I purchase harleys house brand of something similar?

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
RSA, you probable orderd a Power Commander. If this is the case, it's most likely because the dealer doesn't know how to tune with the SERT or perhaps he intends on selling you the SERT when he can't tune the Power Commander. This way he gets you to buy both and gets to charge you a hundred dollars an hour twice to have his dyno monkeys do on the job training......

gawd, I sound synical.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts