V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased some new wheels for my Wide Glide. Now that I have cast wheels I am wondering about temporary repairs should a flat occur. I have seen tubeless repair kits with a lubed fabric cord and some with rubber plugs. (I understand that a can of "fix-a-flat" is not recommended for motorcycle tires.) What's your preference or do you have another recommendation?

Also, to reinflate the tire, I have seen the hose that is placed in the spark plug hole and uses the running engine to inflate the tire. (Wouldn't you get a volatile air mixture doing that?) I have CO2 cartridge inflator that I use on my bicycle tires. Any idea how many 12 gram cartridges I would have to carry to get an adequate amount of air in the tire? What other recommendations are there for reinflating a tire?

Incidentally, I got a set of 5 HD collector prints when I purchased the wheels. If you are interested in purchasing them, go to "Classified Section" for more information.

I'll have the stock 21" and 16" laced wheels after the new wheels are installed. Has anyone had much luck selling you stock wheels or do they hang on your garage wall?

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
the one for the spark plug actually pumps fresh air somehow ?? I have a kit made by I believe progressive suspension. has plugs tool co inflator. 2-3 cylinders would get you going until you can get to a pump. nice small kit..

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Damn, I hate it when I agree with you, is aerostich really a catalog for the minimalist ???? ;);):p:p

Lots of good quality parts and equipment for the riding enthusiest, and the catalog is free.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts