V-Twin Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi im new here, i would like to ask? the v-tune instruction that doc posted in think was 2003 to tune with out dyno .i have the new 2012 tts all up to date and my bike is 2007 with o2s , your instruction show v-tune that has no o2 readings , can i still used your instruction is my ?
oh and one more thing after a v-tune say first run, after u blend it with cal do u load it into your bike, and then go for second v-tune run.and load into bike each time untill , complete. thanks for any help u can give russ they say your best with the tts

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
hi im new here, i would like to ask? the v-tune instruction that doc posted in think was 2003 to tune with out dyno .i have the new 2012 tts all up to date and my bike is 2007 with o2s , your instruction show v-tune that has no o2 readings , can i still used your instruction is my ?
oh and one more thing after a v-tune say first run, after u blend it with cal do u load it into your bike, and then go for second v-tune run.and load into bike each time untill , complete. thanks for any help u can give russ they say your best with the tts
You are correct. Blend v-tunes until less than 5% differences..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just so I'm clear about the blending of the v-tune files. Say you start with a baseline map, just call it map A to make things easy. You go out and do a v-tune run, come back and blend the data with map A. Those two things together give new map B which you then load into bike as the new baseline for the next v-tune run. You combine data from second v-tune run with map B, NOT MAP A, to create new map C. Load that in and keep going with the v-tune until you get less than 5% error in the cells.

Also the TTS manual says to set AFR table to 14.6, the closed loop bias table to 664, disable PE mode before doing a v-tune run. My question is do these have to be set this way for each v-tune or just the initial run?

One More: the manual does not say that the accel enrichment table needs to be set to zero. but if you look at the flow chart at the end of section 4 it says you do. Is this critical? And is it every time or just the first run?

Thanks in advance, any info is helpful.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
Just so I'm clear about the blending of the v-tune files. Say you start with a baseline map, just call it map A to make things easy. You go out and do a v-tune run, come back and blend the data with map A. Those two things together give new map B which you then load into bike as the new baseline for the next v-tune run. You combine data from second v-tune run with map B, NOT MAP A, to create new map C. Load that in and keep going with the v-tune until you get less than 5% error in the cells.

Also the TTS manual says to set AFR table to 14.6, the closed loop bias table to 664, disable PE mode before doing a v-tune run. My question is do these have to be set this way for each v-tune or just the initial run?

One More: the manual does not say that the accel enrichment table needs to be set to zero. but if you look at the flow chart at the end of section 4 it says you do. Is this critical? And is it every time or just the first run?

Thanks in advance, any info is helpful.
You generate a new tune each v tune session You don't blend anything.
Set your CLB to 450.if you want the sensors to have 1/2 a chance to toggle as they should . To much bias and they hang .
Don't turn acell or decel off .
Doc . Didn't take into consideration that the ECM uses these inputs to process your new generated ve.
I would follow the manufactures recommended method.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Question regarding Flight Recorder HD...

The instructions say it will record 60 minutes of data...if settings are "start recording above 750 rpm and stop below 500 rpm" will it record data if you, start it...run for a little while....shut down...and start it again and run, resuming the recording...or is it for only one specific run cycle up to 60 minutes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here is a step by step outline to aid you all who have the TTS Master Tune and want to V-Tune his/her own bike without a dyno. This process works well but, however, let it be known NOTHING beats a dyno tune from start to finish. This file is for those who have no choice either from lack of funds or a lack of talented dyno tuners.
Good Luck
Doc

There is an new updated version of the V-Tune manual below in the discussion area.....I suggest you get the revised version, it is eaiser and more descriptive
Doc
That's great, but my base map is an MT8 files and my figures are not the same I'm seeing on your documentation. So I had to abandoned that project.

So instead of seeing 14.6 I saw figures like .989 and they wouldn't go no where near 14.6. ALso, my tables don't read as "A/F Ratio", instead it says "Main Lamda" or something or other.

I was really stoked to begin using the VTune software because your document made sense to me, but after seeing different figures I didn't want to continue. Do you know if anything is out there more closely related to my setup or files (MT8) that I'm using?

2014 Sportster Iron 883 (XL883N)
V&H Short Shots
V&H Naked A/C

Any help or info much appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's great, but my base map is an MT8 files and my figures are not the same I'm seeing on your documentation. So I had to abandoned that project.

So instead of seeing 14.6 I saw figures like .989 and they wouldn't go no where near 14.6. ALso, my tables don't read as "A/F Ratio", instead it says "Main Lamda" or something or other.

I was really stoked to begin using the VTune software because your document made sense to me, but after seeing different figures I didn't want to continue. Do you know if anything is out there more closely related to my setup or files (MT8) that I'm using?

2014 Sportster Iron 883 (XL883N)
V&H Short Shots
V&H Naked A/C

Any help or info much appreciated.

I hope this helps...this is kind of general, but you're using MT8 files which, as you stated, use Lamda calculations instead of air/fuel ratios. I can't explain what a lambda is, but I did read about it in the TTS documents that came with the kit...MT7 calibrations use A/F ratios...thats why you're seeing differences. I'm just beginning to make some sense of this stuff myself. Hang in there. That'll be 2cents :)

61 - 69 of 69 Posts