441 - 450 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
When you open up the tuning files,click the drop down tab that says mt8
Then you can choose mt 7.files.
Mt 8 is default.
Cts 1950:beer:
Yea I tried that a few times and it only comes up with about 10 maps, and I tried to cross reference the old with the new, but not many MT7 options on my software

·
Registered
56 Posts
Here is a good tuner right down the road from T man.

Hemrick Performance
1490 Plaza South Dr.
Kernersvills, NC 27284
[email protected]*

I've sent a couple of emails and haven't had any replies. Maybe he is just slammed at the moment? Hopefully he will get back with me soon.

Anyway, thanks again. Cheers!

·
Registered
56 Posts
The thing that is irritating me the most with TTS is that they don't seem to be bothered with updating maps. I know they could put a little more effort in getting us some updates.

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
The thing that is irritating me the most with TTS is that they don't seem to be bothered with updating maps. I know they could put a little more effort in getting us some updates.

The base calibration is just a starting point.
There are some older calibrations that were actually bikes that were tuned. Those are carryover from the screaming Eagle days.
But with the new software all the MT 8 calibrations are just computer generated.
Right now they're more worried about not having any tuners available for the market. then they are doing any updates. :spank:
It's so sad :redrolf:

·
Registered
56 Posts
The base calibration is just a starting point.
There are some older calibrations that were actually bikes that were tuned. Those are carryover from the screaming Eagle days.
But with the new software all the MT 8 calibrations are just computer generated.
Right now they're more worried about not having any tuners available for the market. then they are doing any updates. :spank:
It's so sad :redrolf:
I'm not sure what you mean by saying "It's so sad", Jim. However, I am just trying to better understand what is the best solution with my unique situation. Of course I want/need to get a real tune done which I had intentions of doing. But I ran into a road block trying to find a reputable tuner that will touch my bike or even bother to return my emails or phone calls.
What I am thinking is they are of the opinion, and I believe I agree, that it is not worth the time, money and risk to get a proper tune on my bike considering it seems to be running fine, and with that it is getting good gas mileage, it doesn't seem to be running hot and it can hang with my friends' bikes who have the typical PC setup with commercial pipes/stage 1 AC and downloaded map. If I have all that going and have not built the motor up or changed cams, why have the dyno tune? Sure, it could be a little better but, is it worth the money, the risk of damage, etc. to tune it with all of that considered?
And so, back to the subject of TTS maps, I was simply saying it would be nice if they put a little more effort toward their base maps. I understand they are just a starting point but, they don't have to be limited to just that. When someone runs into a situation such mine it would be nice to be able fall back on something in the software considering how much it costs. And maybe that is what I have experienced considering the bike runs good. But I had to guess what map was best for mine because there were only 1 or 2 that were similar to my setup.
You mentioned something like; they need tuners to keep up with demand. Did you mean they need trained techs like yourself or did you mean the TTS product?

·
Premium Member
6,900 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by saying "It's so sad", Jim. However, I am just trying to better understand what is the best solution with my unique situation. Of course I want/need to get a real tune done which I had intentions of doing. But I ran into a road block trying to find a reputable tuner that will touch my bike or even bother to return my emails or phone calls.
What I am thinking is they are of the opinion, and I believe I agree, that it is not worth the time, money and risk to get a proper tune on my bike considering it seems to be running fine, and with that it is getting good gas mileage, it doesn't seem to be running hot and it can hang with my friends' bikes who have the typical PC setup with commercial pipes/stage 1 AC and downloaded map. If I have all that going and have not built the motor up or changed cams, why have the dyno tune? Sure, it could be a little better but, is it worth the money, the risk of damage, etc. to tune it with all of that considered?
And so, back to the subject of TTS maps, I was simply saying it would be nice if they put a little more effort toward their base maps. I understand they are just a starting point but, they don't have to be limited to just that. When someone runs into a situation such mine it would be nice to be able fall back on something in the software considering how much it costs. And maybe that is what I have experienced considering the bike runs good. But I had to guess what map was best for mine because there were only 1 or 2 that were similar to my setup.
You mentioned something like; they need tuners to keep up with demand. Did you mean they need trained techs like yourself or did you mean the TTS product?
They need. Product. They still haven't released the new tuner, and the old one Is out of production.
As far as maps go, there was a push for more maps a couple years ago. Everyone wanted more maps with diff cams and such. Actual tunes from actual bikes. That wasn't going to happen, and tts could only get by with re- configuring SE maps for so long. So then Came the cam analyzer , as a half azz attempt.
So they added a feature, and somehow made everyone think it was what they wanted. So there are no REAL maps from actual bikes, unless you go back to the old software. And then these are still the maps that SE devoloped

·
Registered
5 Posts
MTE files verses MT7 and MT8

I searched for several hours or so, trying to find an answer to a thought I had: is there a way to read and analyze the factory ECM program, which I saved using my TTS Mastertune as a MTE file, to compare to MT7 and MT8 files, and help me understand the TTS Mastertune calibrations.. I read until my eyes hurt and my brain was about to reboot ...and then I read permalink message #405 ... Noooooo ! not the answer i was hoping for.

But is that the end of that ? Is the new 2014/5 Mastertune software able to create a viewable copy of the MTE file? If not, why not? I only want to learn how to tune my own 2007 FLHP, which is a 103ci (1690cc) with Fulsac tru-dual headers, and hi flow Fulsac recored slip ons. I have no intentions of doing this for profit, or infringe on anyones copyrights. To me, the learning curve looks verrrry steep.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tts by master tune

CAUTION!!
If you have your bike tuned by a shop with TTS, the ECU will be locked from being accessed by any other tuner. I bought a bike and performed some upgrades and wanted the FP3 or a PowerVision. Could not access ECU and ended up shipping the ECU to TTS and have them clear their tune for $60. And that's the abbreviated story. Furthermore any adjustments you make, must be done by a shop that has TTS unless of course you have the device to program yourself. No other tuner on the market does this.

441 - 450 of 450 Posts