V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AS I am in the market for a tuner for my new 08 ultra I have been following a few threads on other forums about the new HD SUPER SERT and the upcoming TTS offering of the old SERT under the Mastertune/Datamaster name. I have not seen much posted at this forum about this subject. Had I not know that TTS was about to release this new option I pobablly would have bought the new HD tuner already. As I understand it the new TTS product will be updated SERT software that will make "tuning your Delphi HD bike much simpler and quicker than anything on the market" . Unfortunatlly for current SERT owners I think a new dongle will be required to interface with the updated software. According to Steve Cole of TTS "the way of tuning as you know it is about to change". I am excited with this new prospect and hope that TTS with thier extensive knowledge of the HD Delphi ecm release a product that lives up to the above quotes. Originally it was to be released Feb/March, now I belive it is to be April I hope. If anyone has any further info or opinions on this new product please post it here. As I said earlier I am willing to shell out the $500.00+ for the HD tuner I am not looking for cheaper I am looking for better. Steve Cole if you are out there, if the product is not available soon how about a few more teasers to keep me going.

08 FLHTCU
STOCK EXCEPT FOR SE1 (LOUD) SLIP ONS
A FEW SKULLS HERE AND THERE

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I read a post by Cole on the other forum saying your existing dongle would have to be sent to them for updating. The new package is supposed to work with Vista and he said they were trying to come up with a reliable USB to serial adapter. Have not seen any prices or availability date yet.

·
Banned
313 Posts
Just an update in that we have been beta testing the product an have come up with a few bugs that are being worked out at this time. I know the product release date has been late but we want it to be right the first time its released. We have the product it self, other than the bugs, completed and were now working on bug fixes. There will be an upgrade path for current SERT owners.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Well...?

So now it is nearly July and no further word on the new tuner from TTS? In the interest of not frustrating future customers...maybe they should have waited to announce the "newer, better, faster, more" product when they had actually gotten the bugs worked out and were only dealing with production or distribution problems. I would love to see this product out on the market NOW and competing with the new HD Supertuner for sales.

·
Banned
313 Posts
Well I like you wish it was done and on the market but it's not. What I can tell you is that the product itself is completed and in production. There will be four part numbers which I should have late next week along with the prices. The product will be sold as basically 2 different kits. The interface and software will be one kit and calbes will be another. The software/interface will have 2 diffferent part numbers. One kit does one bike and the second part number is a kit for programming 2 bikes. The cable kits will be one kit for the seriel port and one kit for a USB port. If you already have cables from the SERT then ther is no reason to buy new cables as they are the same.

·
Just pidlin'
982 Posts
Well I like you wish it was done and on the market but it's not. What I can tell you is that the product itself is completed and in production. There will be four part numbers which I should have late next week along with the prices. The product will be sold as basically 2 different kits. The interface and software will be one kit and calbes will be another. The software/interface will have 2 diffferent part numbers. One kit does one bike and the second part number is a kit for programming 2 bikes. The cable kits will be one kit for the seriel port and one kit for a USB port. If you already have cables from the SERT then ther is no reason to buy new cables as they are the same.
So, is it going to marry like the HD unit?

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
so when said and done can I make my old sert usb? and will the new software be compatable with the old sert?or would I be better off just replacing the whole thing?then the other thing is if my ecm were to check out is there a way to use the tts with a new ecm on the same bike?

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
kinda like technoresearch, where you buy a key---or multiple keys?

·
Banned
313 Posts
New software is not compatible with the old SERT interface. In order to use the new software the interface will need to be upgraded. The new software will work with all the current .MT6 files just as they were before and the new .MT7 files with all the new features. The interface is married to the bike just as before with one kit and it will marry to 2 bikes if you purchase the Dual bike kit.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Steve:

I read a post by Cole on the other forum saying your existing dongle would have to be sent to them for updating. The new package is supposed to work with Vista and he said they were trying to come up with a reliable USB to serial adapter. Have not seen any prices or availability date yet.
Is this correct info?

If I have a sert that was married to a bike I no longer own, can it be converted or does it have to mate up to the bike it is currently married to?

Tom

(I'm not referring to my super tuner btw)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Will the few tuners who have become truley capable w/the SERT be able to use the same basic skills/techniques w/the TTS? Is the software comparable? If not, what sort of learning curve should be expected?

VicW.

·
Banned
313 Posts
Mastertune was modified to create the SERT. So going back to Mastertune will be a no brainier for those who currently use the SERT. We add one feature for HD and that was the "Basic" tuning mode which we feel is useless so we have taken that back out. Learning to use the new features is going to take a couple hours to understand them but that's about it. Everything is in the on-line help manuals so it would be best to print them out and read up on the new features.

As far as up-dating old interfaces they will remain locked to the bike they were used on, so it's best that you give them to whomever now owns the bike.

·
Banned
313 Posts
We hope to begin shipping in the next couple weeks. I do not know the part numbers yet but I can give you the prices of the 2 Software Kits. I should have the cable kit prices next week.

Single Bike kit with no cables is $425.00

Dual Bike kit with no cables is $625.00

The packaging of the kits is due to begin here late next week, beginning of the following week. The office will start taking orders next Wednesday for those who would like to place an order.

What you get in the kit is the software CD and the interface. The kit uses the same cables as the original SERT used. There are 4 programs on the CD. MasterTune which is the tuning program. DataMaster which is your data logging software. V-Tune which is used for Closed loop engine Auto tuning and the TTS Updater which is used to keep all your programs up to date via the internet. The software does not include any base maps but when you run the update software it will allow you to get all the FREE maps we have on file. The software will work with all current .MT6 files that are out floating around and the new .MT7 files that have all the new added features.

2008 DBW bike .MT7 maps has the following features

Air Fuel Ratio
VE Front Cyl
VE Rear Cyl
PE Air Fuel Ratio
Warmup Enrichment
Cranking Fuel
Closed Loop Bias
Accel Enrichment
Decel Enleanment
Spark Advance Front Cyl
Spark Advance Rear Cyl
PE Spark
Spark Temperature Control
Closed Throttle Spark
Adaptive Knock Retard
Idle RPM
IAC Warmup Steps
IAC Crank to Run
Throttle Blade Control
Engine Displacement
Injector Size
Max Knock Retard
Knock Control Enable/Disable
EITMS Off/On
Rev Limit

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
We hope to begin shipping in the next couple weeks. I do not know the part numbers yet but I can give you the prices of the 2 Software Kits. I should have the cable kit prices next week.

Single Bike kit with no cables is $425.00

Dual Bike kit with no cables is $625.00

The packaging of the kits is due to begin here late next week, beginning of the following week. The office will start taking orders next Wednesday for those who would like to place an order.

What you get in the kit is the software CD and the interface. The kit uses the same cables as the original SERT used. There are 4 programs on the CD. MasterTune which is the tuning program. DataMaster which is your data logging software. V-Tune which is used for Closed loop engine Auto tuning and the TTS Updater which is used to keep all your programs up to date via the internet. The software does not include any base maps but when you run the update software it will allow you to get all the FREE maps we have on file. The software will work with all current .MT6 files that are out floating around and the new .MT7 files that have all the new added features.

2008 DBW bike .MT7 maps has the following features

Air Fuel Ratio
VE Front Cyl
VE Rear Cyl
PE Air Fuel Ratio
Warmup Enrichment
Cranking Fuel
Closed Loop Bias
Accel Enrichment
Decel Enleanment
Spark Advance Front Cyl
Spark Advance Rear Cyl
PE Spark
Spark Temperature Control
Closed Throttle Spark
Adaptive Knock Retard
Idle RPM
IAC Warmup Steps
IAC Crank to Run
Throttle Blade Control
Engine Displacement
Injector Size
Max Knock Retard
Knock Control Enable/Disable
EITMS Off/On
Rev Limit
man, i appreciate your product, but no cables? come on. how do you explain you can sell me everything i need but the cable is extra? just jack the price and say cable included. damn

·
Banned
313 Posts
The cables were put into a separate kit based on what customers have told us. We really did not care but that's what most wanted, to save the extra bucks since there are already alot of the cable sets out there. If you want cables they can be ordered as well I just do not have those prices yet.

1 - 20 of 450 Posts