V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Will someone let me know if it worked this time? When I preview the post I just see the line pasted from the properties of the photo. This is really getting frustrating!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
I don't think you can post it from your computor. I believe you have to post it at a site designed to store/share it.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
If you are trying to post directly from your computer then you are using the wrong method. The way you attempted is for a URL when your picture is on the web. There are two ways to post from your computer here. I'm no expert on it but if your picture size in Bytes is small enough you can use the attach image function when you are in post mode. Or, you can upload from your computer in the Pic Gallery for display there. Give it another try for us in either place using that method.

Later,

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
You can upload it to the PIC gallery without any size restrictions, the server will automatically reduce the size for you.

If you upload it to the Forums, you must resize it using Photshop or someother photo editing software.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Ok it worked but I have to check with David to see if it is ok to do this.

:) Dave if ya don't want us doing that let us know.

Thanks!

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Lets not do that please. Reason? We have already used up almost 1.5 gigs of bandwith in the past 8 days.

And I am afraid that people will abuse it for all of their internet sigs/etc. I am currently working on the fix to protect the image directory so this won't happen.

Thanks for bringing that to light Jimmy K!

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
As Fifthgear noted above, that link that you just tried to post "
" is on your computer. It will not work as the bulletin board software is trying to pull the picture and it can't retrieve from your computer.

It *HAS* to be on an internet site such as http://www.yoursighost.com

They are a free service, just signup and upload your pic/signature there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts