V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
In Massachusetts, you need both. I built a utility trailer and tried to register it without a bill of sale. No luck. Had to make one up. Falsified records just to appease the RMV.:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess I should look into either breaking the law or dating someone from the DMV. Last time I checked though they were all old enough to be my grandma. Do what you have to do I guess..... Err how hard is it to make a bill of sale lol?

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
jakalwarrior said:
Is it possible to get your vehicle registered if you have the a notorized title but no bill of sale?
Does the Louisiana DMV require a Bill of Sale along with the signed title??? Mississippi does not.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it does. Wonder if I can just get it registered somewhere else and pay taxes twice or something. Hardly gave beans for it since it needed restoring.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Have you tried calling their DMV ans asking? It may be as simple as signing an affidavit as to why or how ......?

Ah hell, forge one, be more fun (or, you could just return the bike to the owner(LOL))

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bought it on ebay and the previous owner is in kansas. I tried to explain the whole needing a bill of sale to him but he didnt understand it as he bought it at an estate auction and didnt have one himself, only a lien and title, which he gave to me when I bought it. Now I cant even get ahold of him. Oh well, ill figure something out or make it into a really big dirtbike with not much suspension.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Bill of Sale

I (blablabla, of blablabla) sell one 19XX HD (blablabla) (VIN blablabla) to (blablabla of blablabla) on December 6, 2002, for the sum of ($blablabla)

Sign it and date it.

Make sure all info matches the title.

Done deal!:D

·
Registered
312 Posts
fourhour said:
Bill of Sale

I (blablabla, of blablabla) sell one 19XX HD (blablabla) (VIN blablabla) to (blablabla of blablabla) on December 6, 2002, for the sum of ($blablabla)

Sign it and date it.

Make sure all info matches the title.

Done deal!:D
Some states it has to be notorized, like SC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has to be notorized here. I am considering printing out the paypal reciept and the auction page. Maybe they will take that. I am guessing the previous owner is blowing me off because he was selling it as parts and dosent want to fool with it even though I was offering to pay for the notorization and then some.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts