V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine bought Bassani true duals today, I asked him why he went with Bassani instead of V&H or some other brand, and he told me it was because they were tuned. He said tuned were better because both pipes were the same length, and that was better for the bike and for performance. If someone could provide a better explanation and if it is better why every brand is not tuned.

I am new at this, so I hope my questions are understandable.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
Arguably better for performance, but having your rear headpipe look like a rupture on the right side isn't everybody's thing... :D

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
There's just something about that pipe though that makes me think of the grille on a Ford Edsel.

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
The last set of Bassini true duals I saw didn't have a support piece mounted on the starter support bolts to support the left side header pipe. V&H does, not sure about some of the others. Personally, I wouldn't install a set of true duals without a support piece there. I've seen too many have problems where they wind up resting on top of the primary housing.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Ed Y said:
.......................... I've seen too many have problems where they wind up resting on top of the primary housing.
...and taking the exhaust (head) threads with them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts