V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there know where to get a lapping ring. Seems that Custom Chrome has discontinued stocking then. V-Twin is out of stock as well. Curious if anyone continued to produce them since Trocks passing. Any info would be appreciated.
It's been a futile effort just like :dh:

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I actually ordered from a few of those places only to have my orders cancelled because they can't get it, last year I used cermaic tile with a hole cut into it and lapping compound, it worked pretty well because my cylinders weren't too bad, I thought they were leaking but it was just a pushrod oring leaking.

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Appreciate the replies. I had pulled the rear cylinder the end of last season. Used the cometic gasket which was supposwd to solve the problem. But after a few thousand miles it started again.. I clean the area and after it sits awhile the oil starts to track down theleft rear side.I was going to try getting a thick piece of Aluminum milled for the cylinder and use a fine grit and compund . I would think that would work. Any other suggestions are always taken with consideration.
Please keep yor thoughts and ideas coming

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Low rider custom, Thanks for the lead. I exhausted every company in that search.. All leading to the realization that the only way to find one is if someone has one for sale. I thought I might get lucky and find one sitting getting dusty on a shelf somewhere..not so. But i will keep on searching..

·
Premium Member
3,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll give it a go. I'm sure it will work once I get the hole cut. Hope to get to it pretty soon. Will post my progress..Just trying to keep riding while the weather here in Maine is still tolerable..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts