V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just passed 10,000 miles of riding a Harley Ultra Classic out of several hundred thousand miles of riding motorcycles. I've watched my "Welcome to the family" video several times but still have a question for my brothers and sisters out there with lots of experience.

I always ride with the "passing lights?" turned on cause I like the way it looks and figure it helps to be seen amongst the elderly cagers here in FL. I see a lot of you out there in the "single headlight" mode.

Just curious how y'all ride and why.

Also, anyone using a rear brake light flasher?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Not only ride with all three on all the time, but they're putting out a total of 200 watts of Haleogen light.....can't but help to be seen.

Also use the HD gizmo that turns your rear turn signals into brake lights, as well as the tour pac brake lights flash with the brake on.

Good thread...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ride with all three on too. Just updated headlight to HD "xenon high intensity" bulb and upgraded to halogen passing lights. Also put on Kuryakan Panacea flashing LED tail light and turn signals -- but, I tend to go a little overboard on lights! Thinking about a headlight modualtor. Good topic

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
...all three, one of my "winter" task is to upgrade to HID or brite lite....

·
: Þ
341 Posts
I also ride all three on for visibility. Lookin to upgrade the lighting also ans install the rear turn signal/ taillight conversion. Safety, safety, safety.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
:confused: I don't understand the question. Why would one leave the passing lights off? Are they going to use them only when... now get this... :eek: PASSING?

BLA HAHA UCDontMindMEIIsDrunksAsICanBe Dot HA!

·
Registered
659 Posts
yep - leave all 3 on all the time. I haven't decided what kits to use, but I'm getting a rear light modulator installed this winter and upgrading the front light - more light the better!

·
Premium Member
1,972 Posts
Yep, all three here too. Sure can't hurt and it IDs another H-D coming at you. No modulater in the rear, but the tour pac spoiler brake lights get a lot of complements and bring the brake light up to eye level for the driver behind you. Saddle bag spoilers are a little too much, though.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I as well ride with all 3 on. Plan to install the Kuryakan Panacea flashing LED tail light system after Xmas. Brighter the better!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yep....all three on!! I also upgraded my headlight to the "xenon High intensity" bulb. I just love when cagers start pullin outta my way....I KNOW I'm seen...being seen is good..being seen AND heard is better so don't forget those loud pipes :)

T-bone

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

All three in summer, just the headlight in the dark winter or night time, all three in the dark dazzles oncoming traffic imo.
I've wired the Passing Lamps and high Beam into my horn so if a cager 'annoys' me I blast the Horn and they get a dose of light too!!! :D
Read all about it HERE

·
Registered
7 Posts
headlight modualtor

I use a headlight modualtor . It bothers the
hell out of the cages. Some pull over, they think it's the cops. They see the light because I am always told "Your light is broken"
Bennett

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi drbf ... I used to have the headlight modulator on my Valk, liked it. I have thinking about putting it on my RK but was wondering if by any chance it affects the passing lamps when they are on. I would not want to screw up the wiring or lights. How well does yours work?
Thanks,
Bill

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I use all three front lights, have the brake/turn signal module installed and the Back-Off module installed in both bikes.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I will not use that head light modulator for the simple reason that some dumb #### might think you are signaling for them to turn left. I always ride with all three lights on , but I do get flashed at from on coming traffic somethimes, I think I may have to adjust the spot lights. I am looking for more brake lights so I am thinking of putting the saddle bag spoilers on.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I use alll three also. I just figure that it helps you be seen. I haven't had very many cages flash @ me like I had my high beams on. I am thinking of upgrading the headlight bulb on my RK. Does anyone know the NAPA part # that would work? I believe it's a lot less expensive than HD.
Rod

·
Registered
272 Posts
All three all the time. Gotta friend that doesn't, he installed really bright passing lamps and keeps em turned off????? I guess cause they're too bright. I figger I need all the help being seen I can get.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yep -- when they flash me - I know they see me -- still careful though b/c even when they see you they can still turn in front of you. Do feel more confident riding behind a wall of light.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
I find if a cager drifts into my lane, I blare the horn at'im and ALL my lights Blast him......Scares the SH1T out of'im and sends them right back to where they came from. :D

1 - 20 of 38 Posts