V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone replaced the black plastic weatherstrip/trim channel that fits on the inner fairing where it meets the outer fairing? did you use aftermarket channel or get some from the dealer? mine was repaired once under warranty cause it was coming loose at the top and sticks up about an inch from the windshield on both sides. the glue or whatever was used is ugly and i think more is on the outside than on the inside of the channel and its loose again. thanks in advance

·
Registered
622 Posts
Mine kept popping out. The dealer finally put 3m yellow weather stripping glue on it and it held fine. Did a neat job, so you never even knew it.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
The bike washer at my local HD store told me that rubber strip is the biggest pain in his butt when washing RGs after they have been serviced--comes out of the channel very easily at the ends. Sorry, can't offer a fix, except the chrome windshield trim. Leave it to HD to have a problem that they caused in their design, and suggest a fix that requires spending $$$ for an "accessory."

·
Registered
938 Posts
Mine has not been replaced yet but has be re-glued 3 times under warranty.Probly will get glued again today when they replace the radio.Have not looked yet but maybe Mcmaster-Carr has something.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Mine came apart the first time I took the fairing off. I cleaned all the surfaces with alcohol and used the 3m double sided tape. I've had the fairing off 3 or 4 times since...and no more issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts