V-Twin Forum banner
141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thanx for the slam, but no is not me, it is them, or you?
Run dwn and two-lane road and you will run into heards of putt puzz heads, plugging up the highway.
Serious.
Perhaps you are not aware of your limitations and feel defensive here?
Try any Hiway-
Be it Cascade (Hiway 20) or Hiway 2. Both Wa state,
NYS 30
NYS 28
US 9
or most anyone you travel on.
Plugged up by White knucklers
If you dont know this, then you have not been on the road, or you are one of them
Simple.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Well in my case everything changed. I commented in the biggining of this thread also. Is it a bike no of course not. I have been riding 2 wheelers for 35 yers. I have ridden some pretty insane bikes. Due to no fault of my own I got taken out by a drunk driver doing 70mph while I was making a u-turn. Lucky to even be alive. With a shattered left leg i can no longer trust it to hold up a bike. Its just pins, rods and broken stuff with a weak knee. So I refuse to stop riding and am currently building my own custom trike. Full width posi rear and forward mount 460hp v8 I doubt would be slow...lol. truth be told I had the forward axle wheel style ones myself. But I'm sure many on trikes may have no choice like me. Its better than not riding for sure

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Sorry about your leg,
BTDT
(Car did left turn at the intersection with me in the middle)
Fir sure it makes a different rider out of ya!
I am not able to ride with people that have no clue, just makes me cringe.

Reactions: ArcAngel

·
Registered
405 Posts
I had the pleasure of getting broadsided by a 71 Chevy Impala doing 55 mph, broke every bone in the left leg, split the shin bone vertically, put what was left of the talus (ankle) bone about 6" up the shin bone. Also cracked and twisted the pelvis. Lost 6 months and my ability to go into the Air Force which I had signed up for. Still on 2 wheels, but there will come that day.

Reactions: troqed and ArcAngel

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hey troged I see you 1st Cav patch. It must be a in country patch? What year?
I am bothered by your veiw point which I hope your just messing around. If your serious, what are you going to say to a brother from the war. Who has had to give up a leg or partial, because of a bomb blast. And has struggled for years in pain. And finally allowed the VA to take it off. Then he pulls up at the local bike nite on a new or used broght and shiney Harley Trike. Smiling from ear to ear, never claimed to be a biker when rode his 2 wheeled Harley. But suffered in Silence everytime he came to a stop.
Are you going to out him? I will stop there.

Ken

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Refer to post above 147^^
1971 and 1972
Cantho 100 mile radius area mostly U -Minh, Cambodia
some luxury trips north into Pho Cat, bear cat
blah blah
67N20 huey

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Really> Are you a physiatrist?
I explained a couple of facts.
Perhaps you are the emotional cancel culture type?
A streight forward anwser somehow hutrz your feelings? (hurts)

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Hey here you are making accusations starting shet you know nothing about now accusing me of being a dreg?
Go stand in front of a mirror.
WTF are you jealous of?
your sow on patches that you had to go buy to look cool?
You do not have a clue about a miliary patch, plus I did not have to go buy mine.
And i don't wear them around trying to look like a wanna bee.

141 - 160 of 182 Posts