V-Twin Forum banner
121 - 140 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
I guess I will see if trikers are bikers or bikers are trikers. New event starts at the Daytona Harley today. I guess they needed another event to fill in the gaps. Today is the beginning of the first Daytona Trikefest! I'll be there all weekend, gotta work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Trike riders aren't bikers?

I beg your pardon Mr. Old School Biker. I realize that you are an old rider on your 15th or 20th Harley Davidson and are an authority on who should ride and what they should ride to be called a biker, however, I am now riding a trike due to health problems and don't really give a **** what you think.

This trike is Harley #18 for me (9 I built from a basket case up). If you don't think we are worth a wave, well then don't wave, and I will not wave back.

However, some of us with 500,000 miles in the saddle have a reason to ride Harley Trikes and yes they still build them because there are those of us who like the safety of the trike. we cant cut lanes and don't care to for that matter. We are heavier than our Two Wheel counterparts, but still get to the destination in one piece maybe a little slower.

You go ahead and keep the tough-guy attitude on your 2 wheeler, and I will go ahead and ride my trike. At 67 I have earned the right. You may change your mind someday and wave at me, and if so I will certainly wave back.

Mr. Bear

·
Registered
198 Posts
Trike riders aren't bikers?

I beg your pardon Mr. Old School Biker. I realize that you are an old rider on your 15th or 20th Harley Davidson and are an authority on who should ride and what they should ride to be called a biker, however, I am now riding a trike due to health problems and don't really give a **** what you think.

This trike is Harley #18 for me (9 I built from a basket case up). If you don't think we are worth a wave, well then don't wave, and I will not wave back.

However, some of us with 500,000 miles in the saddle have a reason to ride Harley Trikes and yes they still build them because there are those of us who like the safety of the trike. we cant cut lanes and don't care to for that matter. We are heavier than our Two Wheel counterparts, but still get to the destination in one piece maybe a little slower.

You go ahead and keep the tough-guy attitude on your 2 wheeler, and I will go ahead and ride my trike. At 67 I have earned the right. You may change your mind someday and wave at me, and if so I will certainly wave back.

Mr. Bear
This might be an old thread , but I’m sure there are many that still think that trikes are for the Geritol generation . I’m 73 and have been triking for 8 years . My 91 two wheeler , (FLHS) I ride solo as my 2 up balance sucks . I’m not a biker , I’m a rider who enjoys riding road bikes with a internal combustion power plant . I consider all riders/bikers as brothers and sisters . If you think trikes are motorized wheel chairs , your right . We can also keep up with a 2 wheeler in the twisties . We can also drift . Think again about respect instead of wearing your chaps around your neck .

·
Registered
198 Posts
This might be an old thread , but I’m sure there are many that still think that trikes are for the Geritol generation . I’m 73 and have been triking for 8 years . My 91 two wheeler , (FLHS) I ride solo as my 2 up balance sucks . I’m not a biker , I’m a rider who enjoys riding road bikes with a internal combustion power plant . I consider all riders/bikers as brothers and sisters . If you think trikes are motorized wheel chairs , your right . We can also keep up with a 2 wheeler in the twisties . We can also drift . Think again about respect instead of wearing your chaps around your neck .
My reply is intended to the post author ….

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I could care less what they ride, but please, no matter what "they" use, USE your FREEKIN mirrors will you? ! ?
All white-knuckled and 45 MPH and just will not get to heill out of the way!
I have actually passed old farts in a semi going over hwy 20 (cascade Hiway ) Wa state between Sedrow and Winthrop.
OMG!
MOVE it off the road if you want to PARK!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
It does,
Put the dam Bucket Kickers on a trike or a bike and be terrified at anything over 45MPH.
White knickeled, froze.
They, fulfilling some sort of passion they cheated themselves out of by selling out to corporate 40 years ago.
Did they go to Sturgis @ under 25?
nope
Now they want to be bikers of some sort...
Flamemeon

·
Registered
12,677 Posts
I had a Suzi 1500 trike that never went slower than I did on 2 wheels. It was great in traffic and I could carry 3 cases of beer. The best thing was that I didn't have to hunt a place to put down my jiffy stand. I've noticed in my travels that Goldwing trikes are slowest on the road. They usually trailer it behind a motorhome and on the road slow for every tourist trap or deer 300' up the side of a hill. The Harley trike has to be the prettiest trike on the road. Laden with chrome I'm so glad I don't have to polish it. A blacked out bike is a practical bike.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
A biker of some sort.....
I for sure am a biker of some sort.
Not of any sort.
The bucket kickers doing 45 MPH are of some sort.
For sure I have NOT ever aspired to be part of some club.
I was in the Military once, gooder enough club for me.
Albeit I was part of ABATE at one time, but that is not a club, even if some think it is.
Those that have to plug up the road and ride in herds are a PIA.
I call them lonely !!
The Herd of the Lonley Club..LOL
I see posts by these folks all summer long gatherings for a groupee ride cause they can not do it alone...Lonesome people, I tell ya.
Hundreds at a time go past the house here, radios blaring. Fools, plugging up the roads, pissing everyone off.

·
Registered
2004 Street Pro S&S twin v 124. Baker 6 speed
45 Posts
Miserable weather :badmood:, so I might as well start a fight. :boxin:

I just don't get the appeal and growing trend for trikes. :flames:

They don't have the feel , handling , manuverability . :hmmm: They're heavier and thus slower than a bike. And all that added force on the font brake/tire.

In my worthless opinion , they're more DANGEROUS than 2-wheelers! 💥

And I'm also talking about those backward-azz things with 2 wheels in the front! :harhar:

Yeah , I know Indian and Harley made such contraptions way back when , but there were quite a few reasons they stopped making them. Probably the same reason they outlawed 3-wheel ATC's.:duh2:

OK , I can see if yer getting old or handicapped. But I've unfortunately met quite a few trikers who were rather obnoxious. Kinda like the ''instant'' or ''credit-card'' bikers of the late 80's-90's. :whatever:

They also tell you they have never , nor would never ride a two-wheeler on the street prior to getting a trike.:crying:

They also are fast to point out how superior their ride is. More comfortable , never have to put feet down.👍

And last but certainly not least , how much they paid or it!:shout:

So all you trikers out there , don't wave to me , trikes ain't bikes , yer not a BIKER , and I'm not your 'bro'. AMF! :chopper:

(the above is purely light hearted humor. Maybe.)
Thanks for your opinion. I’m 70 and still riding 2 wheels. I’ve had multiple injuries and neck surgery with very little feeling on my left side. I will ride till I can’t on two but don’t want to miss the rest of life without a similar enjoyment, so three maybe in my future when I’m 80!! Just an old dog’s opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
IF you do not have the reflex and balance for a bike I doubt that a trike will suit you any better.

Trikes have their very own nuances.
Maybe they are old folks with zero for peripheral, numb bucket kickers that are clueless about anything?
I was right all along?

I love it when a motorcycle owner "slangs up a car" and calls it a "cage" ..like they don't own one. or have ever owned one.
just so kool....LOL

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
In the end, IDC what you propel yourself down the road in, be it a go-cart, skateboard, just get to heill out of the way when ya see others come up on your arse and you look dwn and see that thee is running 15 and 20 MPH less than posted limits .
Then there would be no problem.

121 - 140 of 182 Posts