V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Miserable weather :badmood:, so I might as well start a fight. :boxin:

I just don't get the appeal and growing trend for trikes. :flames:

They don't have the feel , handling , manuverability . :hmmm: They're heavier and thus slower than a bike. And all that added force on the font brake/tire.

In my worthless opinion , they're more DANGEROUS than 2-wheelers! :boom:

And I'm also talking about those backward-azz things with 2 wheels in the front! :harhar:

Yeah , I know Indian and Harley made such contraptions way back when , but there were quite a few reasons they stopped making them. Probably the same reason they outlawed 3-wheel ATC's.:duh2:

OK , I can see if yer getting old or handicapped. But I've unfortunately met quite a few trikers who were rather obnoxious. Kinda like the ''instant'' or ''credit-card'' bikers of the late 80's-90's. :whatever:

They also tell you they have never , nor would never ride a two-wheeler on the street prior to getting a trike.:crying:

They also are fast to point out how superior their ride is. More comfortable , never have to put feet down.:thumbsup:

And last but certainly not least , how much they paid or it!:shout:

So all you trikers out there , don't wave to me , trikes ain't bikes , yer not a BIKER , and I'm not your 'bro'. AMF! :chopper:

(the above is purely light hearted humor. Maybe.)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If I need fresh air and more than 2 wheels I will just let the windows down in my pickup. Trikes are for those that don't know how to ride. BTW, Im 65 and plan to ride 2 wheels many more years. Im sick of hearing, " I never have to put my foot down".

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
I've never thought about owning a trike but I would like to try one of the reverse set-up ones, two in the front, at a road course track. They remind me of the old open wheel formula fords. Could be fun for a day.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've never thought about owning a trike but I would like to try one of the reverse set-up ones, two in the front, at a road course track. They remind me of the old open wheel formula fords. Could be fun for a day.
Nothing new under the sun. 1907 Indian.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I'm totally not into the can am thing at all the older disabled guys totally get a pass more power to them for continuing to ride even when their body can't. That said when I'm older my kids and I want to build a sick V8 trike if I happen to make it that long... I've seen some cool old school chopper trikes but yes agreed you don't get to skip two wheels and the perils and get your rider card. The new thing is the trikes with four wheels.... Literally training wheels next to the rear tires wtf is that????

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If I need fresh air and more than 2 wheels I will just let the windows down in my pickup. Trikes are for those that don't know how to ride. BTW, Im 65 and plan to ride 2 wheels many more years. Im sick of hearing, "

I never have to put my foot down".

I like putting my foot down. The catheter tube running down my pantleg is close to the ground that way! :thanks:

·
Laughing Poseur
5,309 Posts
Nope.....pass. :nono:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm totally not into the can am thing at all the older disabled guys totally get a pass more power to them for continuing to ride even when their body can't. That said when I'm older my kids and I want to build a sick V8 trike if I happen to make it that long... I've seen some cool old school chopper trikes but yes agreed you don't get to skip two wheels and the perils and get your rider card. The new thing is the trikes with four wheels.... Literally training wheels next to the rear tires wtf is that????

Already been done.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Most I meet that own trikes have had age , or health catch up to them. few have a wife that rides along and two wheels is to much to handle. Their life, their cash their choice . They can ride with us any time.
I have ridden many Trikes , they just are not for me. If I want 3 wheels ,sidecar is my game and I already play it with one. In about 8 day my new bigger one will be built and I will ride it and not give a crap what anyone thinks.
Now back to is a Sportster a girls bike?

Check this out Hannigan Motorsports makes it. They also make some Amazing trikes that will flat out GO.

http://www.hannigantrikes.com/products/honda-gl1800-quadracycle/

Attachments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Nothing new under the sun. 1907 Indian.
I know they have been around for a while but that is like comparing a Model T to a Camaro because they are both cars. I admit I've never driven any kind of a trike but I have wondered about the handling of the two front tire models, modern version of course. But I'm a cheap ass so I don't see buying one anytime soon. If I get to old for my bike I'd get a 50's Ford pick-up and tool around in everyones way.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If I get to old for my bike I'd get a 50's Ford pick-up and tool around in everyones way.
Another good thing! If yer 2-wheeler breaks down , ya can just call a friend with a pick-up truck to come get ya!

Ya know the pick-up truck owners motto, "a friend in need is a pain in the ass!"

or

"Yes , it's my truck and no I won't help you move , again!

1 - 20 of 182 Posts