V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced my Wild Pigs today with a set of Python's on my 04 FLHPI. Better muffler, hell of a note on acceleration and racks off beautifully between gears. To damn loud for me however. Are the V&H classics or ovals as loud?
Also do the higher flow muffler's such as V&H,Rolled Thunder's, Etc. complement EFI or is it asking too much to be able to tweak the Race Tuner that much?
The pigs were nice at first but after the third time rewrapping the right hand baffle with glass mat I am tired of dealing with them, Also never could get the thin metal to tighten up on my header pipes so the mufflers always slipped.
Guess the search continues,building a nice collection of has been mufflers though.
Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Like you, I have tried almost every muffler made seeking that elusive perfect sound, Sound is extremely subjective, but I have two sets that sound good to my ears, The tuneable supertrapps, and the Cycle Shacks for baggers with removeable tips, I had my Pythons on for exactly three miles and my ears were ringing when I stopped.

·
Addicted to American Iron
460 Posts
Well if ya'll have a collection going and want to maybe part with a set please post what you have because I need a set of 2-1.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dave, I didn't hang onto any of the 2-1 pipes Thunder header had a flat spot I couldn't tune out, Supertrapp worked well but I couldn't get used to the look.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No 2-1 's here. Like Ron I wouldnt like the look and will not hang a fake pipe on the other side. I know they perform best but thats not my primary concern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts