V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an '06 EG Police and while I like the basic look of the bike, (black and white paint, police bags, air ride seat, etc), I am trying to put some personal touches on it. I know some people buy these and customize them out so that you can't even tell it's an FLHTP, but I'd like to see what everyone's doing and has done with their police motors.

Here are a few pics of mine, stock to current:

* Added backrest and Mustang pillon to stock air ride seat
* Smoked 4" windshield
* HD tank badges
* Pulled the police tires (no 2-up riding on run flats)
* Removable travel bag strapped to the stock rack

Attachments

·
Registered
1,461 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2012 FLHP

My 2012 FLHP.
Twin Peaks mini apes, Mustang solo seat, Kuryakyn Crusher true dual head pipes, RC Components slip ons, S&S 551 Easy Start cams cam plate and oil pump, and adjustable pushrods, V&H LED fuelpak.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
My '97 FLHPi wasn't this clean when I got it. It's still basically stock in this pic. I have since added a Roadking classic handlebars , 1/2 black windshield , replaced the Magnetti-Marelli nightmare FI with a good ol' reliable Keihin CV-40 with Dynojet kit to feed the Andrews EV-27 cam and V&H big Shot duals , installed braided SS brake lines. I have some fully gloss black powder-coated lower fork legs , tube covers and wheels (with full-floating rotors!) ready to go on when tires need changing. Oh yeah , just replaced the '97 clutch with a '98-later unit.

It rides and handles great. The seat is so comfortable. It never fails to get attention and start a conversation. Especially with the POLICE INTERCEPTOR badges. The ideas some folks have!:huh:

·
Registered
10,814 Posts
My '97 FLHPi wasn't this clean when I got it. It's still basically stock in this pic. I have since added a Roadking classic handlebars , 1/2 black windshield , replaced the Magnetti-Marelli nightmare FI with a good ol' reliable Keihin CV-40 with Dynojet kit to feed the Andrews EV-27 cam and V&H big Shot duals , installed braided SS brake lines. I have some fully gloss black powder-coated lower fork legs , tube covers and wheels (with full-floating rotors!) ready to go on when tires need changing. Oh yeah , just replaced the '97 clutch with a '98-later unit.

It rides and handles great. The seat is so comfortable. It never fails to get attention and start a conversation. Especially with the POLICE INTERCEPTOR badges. The ideas some folks have!:huh:
The seat has the springs underneath? I like the bars around the bags. Sick. I see the red signal lenses. Do you have stop/turn etc?

tarheel

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The seat has the springs underneath? I like the bars around the bags. Sick. I see the red signal lenses. Do you have stop/turn etc?

tarheel
Seat has an air-shock underneath. The tank under the luggage rack is the air resevour for it.

Yes , brake light and turn signals work like any RK. Halogen spot lights replace the front red/blue pursuit lamps and are hooked up to the 'pursuit' switch.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
RK's only vibrate a lot when stopped , and only IF the engine rubber isolation mounts are new. I have polyurethane front mount to be installed one of these days.

The stock rubber one breaks down over time from use and the motor oil that gets on it during oil changes.

·
Registered
10,814 Posts
RK's only vibrate a lot when stopped , and only IF the engine rubber isolation mounts are new. I have polyurethane front mount to be installed one of these days.

The stock rubber one breaks down over time from use and the motor oil that gets on it during oil changes.
Slide a fed-ex envelope under the filter. Less mess.

tarheel

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm liking this thread...for some reason, I've gotten this itch in the back of my head to buy an old police bike. Looking forward to seeing what y'all "P" folks come up with.

·
Registered
10,814 Posts
I'm liking this thread...for some reason, I've gotten this itch in the back of my head to buy an old police bike. Looking forward to seeing what y'all "P" folks come up with.
Why don't you buy one and I will see how you like it. I like the hard bags. The whole look appeals to me. My Heritage is a great rider lots of chrome. Too much chrome is a pia. I have never used the ugly leather bags. So how does one find a used police bike? I've yet to see one at these beach dealers. We have three within 30 miles of each other in the Myrtle Beach area.

tarheel

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
Why don't you buy one and I will see how you like it. I like the hard bags. The whole look appeals to me. My Heritage is a great rider lots of chrome. Too much chrome is a pia. I have never used the ugly leather bags. So how does one find a used police bike? I've yet to see one at these beach dealers. We have three within 30 miles of each other in the Myrtle Beach area.

tarheel
I see them on the local Craigslist from time to time. That's where I spotted my 2012 Road King Police last year. Never looked for one at a Hardly store.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
A local reseller got in the business by buying undelivered cop bikes. Good company with good service. Nowadays, I swear some dudes buy brand new bikes at the dealership down the road and ride the bikes straight to this joint to resell them. Some really low miles and current year bikes.

Captain... the shop is up here in VA. A few hours ride from you. If you're interested; they'll find a cop bike you want if it ain't on the floor.

http://classiciron.com/Motorcycles-Harley-Davidson-Police-Road-King-R-2013-Fredericksburg-VA-cc8b61fe-b2d5-43eb-8d16-a68700fae1e5

http://classiciron.com/Motorcycles-Harley-Davidson-Police-Road-King-R-2009-Fredericksburg-VA-71285653-0d4d-478b-b83f-a57c00f6d67d

·
Registered
51 Posts
Why don't you buy one...
Well, because people actually want money for their bikes(what a bunch of unreasonable so-and-so's they are!). I'll likely get a second bike, but it'll be pretty far down the road--gotta pay off a few things first.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts