V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and 5 buddies are trucking our bikes down to vegas and are going to be spending 7 days touring. Any suggestions on must see routes and special interest sites would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Glitter Gulch is always a "Special Interest Spot" for me when I am in Vegas :boobies: :boobies: :boobies: ~!Awesome! ~!Awesome! :whatever: :whatever: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :woohoo: :woohoo:

aztriker said:
And I'd include this one. It's not too far from Zion National Park.

http://www.bryce.canyon.national-park.com/

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Avoid the Hoover Dam cuz of all the traffic........Last time I wuz there, a by-pass was being built. Took a couple of hours to get around the dam. Ended up shutting the bike down and coasting when possible. Sucked BIG TIME.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Scotty's Castle is worth a look. Death Valley this time of year is also.

"there being no charges filed--I stand mute"

·
Premium Member
730 Posts
Krayven Sumhead said:
Avoid the Hoover Dam cuz of all the traffic........Last time I wuz there, a by-pass was being built. Took a couple of hours to get around the dam. Ended up shutting the bike down and coasting when possible. Sucked BIG TIME.

I went over the Hoover Dam in Dec 2003 and the traffic wasn't that bad. I guess it depends on the season.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks!!

All noted and appreciated. I'm from Toronto, we're having the bikes shipped down in March and are flying down the first week of april. Great start to the season!

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
If you are going to hit Zion and Bryce, you might as well hit the north Rim of the Grand Canyon. You will be in right area for that.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Krayven Sumhead said:
I've gone to Hoover Dam twice, in April and June. I personally didn't find the traffic to be that bad. Obviously if you visit in the off-season, it shouldn't be too bad. If you want to chance it, it's a pretty cool sight to see. And, the ride out ain't too bad either.

Rick

·
Registered
779 Posts
Mt. Charleston in the summer

Mountain Springs Saloon on any Sunday

Las Vegas to Searchlight to Nipton to Cima to Kelso to Baker to Shoshone to Pahrump and a stop at Mt Springs and then back into Las Vegas is my favorite loop. About 350 miles all on back roads...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm going to Vegas too.

I'm going on a 3 day business convention to Vegas this week. I have been there before, but about 20 years ago was the last time. Leaving Monday, returning home Thursday. I hope to have free time Wednesday, and thought I might rent a scoot from LV Harley dealer. I will only have one day, 6-7 hrs to ride. So, what is the thoughts for sights to see in that limited time. I had the Damn, and possible Red Rock in mind. Any better suggestions?

Thanks,
Jerry

·
Registered
779 Posts
Ride out to Echo Bay on Lake Mead for lunch. If you have time, you can go up throught Valley of Fire, and back into Las Vegas in I-15

btw, damn near snowed here today. Weather guy says low 60's for a high by Wednesday...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts