V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when replacing the retaining ring in the case what is the proper position for the opening in realation to the tab opening in the case ? like a dummy I forgot to note the position when I removed it. Thanks for the help, the service manual was not too clear on the position.:corn:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
When i put the ring back in, i put the opening of the clip opposite of the opening of the casting....So if its in your hand with the clutch cable facing out bottom right, then go top left......IIRC But then again don't think it really matters....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think it matters either as long as the ring opening is not at the plate slot. but wanted to make sure, you know it's always the little things that bite ya in the .....................:whistle:

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
FWIW, the manual says the opening in the retaining ring must go to the right of the outer ramp tab slot in the cover. This is referenced to a drawing of the cover shown from the inside with the clutch cable entering from the left. In other words, the opening in the retaining ring should be on the opposite side of the slot from the clutch cable entry.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks

I had a 50-50 % chance of getting the ring at the right location, ( r/l of the slot) and was going to put it in the wrong place ! That is exactly why I don't gamble, or go on game shows.

:chopper:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts