V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 Fatboy that has developed a Transmisson oil leak. The oil seems to be coming from the Belt pulley Sprocket and leaking down the side of the primary chain case cover when the bike is on the kick stand. Is this half way normal or to be expected? Do you think a bearing went out as the leak developed suddenly? I was planning on riding to Sturgis (1500 miles) when I noticed this. If I watch the fluid level and replace as needed, do you think it would be ok to fix later? It drips about the size of a silver dollar overnight.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hippo, The oil is definetly tranny oil; I use revtech red syn. in the tranny and HD primary case oil in the primary. The oil seems to be migrating down the inner(next to the belt sprocket), outside wall of the primary case, the drip forms on the primary case drain plug (the lowest point) before it drops to the floor. I can't figure out how the oil is getting across the belt sprocket from the tranny side to the primary case side wall. I will try the prying, carefully, that you suggested. Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts