V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Sporty trans/primary

GSO,
I've got a '93 Sportster. The trans/primary filler is on the left,(shifter) side. Look on the primary and you'll see a little round disk, bout 2 1/2 inches in diameter. Take it off, have someone sit on your bike to hold it straight up, an pour in one quart of Sportster Trans/Primary fluid. If you saved your fluid and it's not in a dirty container or mixed with your oil, just pour it back in. If not, go to AutoZone and get a quart of Mobil 1, V-Twin motorcycle oil. Mobile 1 is damn proud of that V-Twin oil, 7.99 a quart here in GA. I've checked with Mobil and they say Sportsters are different from other HD's and recommend using the same oil in the trans/primary as the oil tank. I'm already runnin Mobil 1 V-Twin oil in my oil tank and plan to use it in my trans/primary at my next change.

If you have any othe questions, email me at [email protected] (put in your heading you're GSO, or I may delete it without reading)

Malfunction

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.