V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
If you are looking for open trailers, you should be able to find them locally since most of them are fabricated out of steel.

I had a 5 X 10 single axle open trailer, with tailights, front wheel channel, 4 tie down points and a drive up gate ramp built for $750.00 from a local shop.

Try your local yellow pages...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I always felt that way but after a 3,000 +mile round trip last month and some medical problems, I need to have the option of trailering to a destination that's a couple of thousand miles away.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Not trying to be a smart ass or anything, but if I have to trailer to get there then I'm NOT going!

I realize some schedules don't always allow enough time, but to me anyway I get my "rush" from doing the ride.

Medical problems would be a legit excuse I suppose but it burns my ass when I see the "uppers" unload their sparkling clean rides, take a couple mile jount around an event, grap all the t-shirts their gold card will hold and then put the scoot back on the trailer and head home thinking they did something!

Yeah I've missed some big time sh!t because of snow and getting enough time off for others ,but for me anyway if I gotta look at my scoot in a rearview mirror I'm staying home.

Mister Breeze

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just did a trip to Texas in July whew it was hot. I did think about trailering my bike due to time limitations and the fact that it was in the dead of summer. Well I ride everewhere I go and to buy a trailer to use maybe once a yar wasnt worth it. I did a 3,600 mile round trip ride. I visited my family had a memorial poker run for my brother and was back in NJ all in just under 2 weeks and I got to say WOW what a rush...I dont think I would ever trailer my bikie unless I absolutlely had to.

Just my 2 cents.

Memorial for my Bro

·
Registered
254 Posts
Harleyheart, check at Lowes or Home Depot they have those landscape trailers for decent prices. I have one, although it's pretty rusty, use it mostly for rescues. I ride most everywhere I need to go and haul what I need on the bike and ship the excess home but, I can understand using a trailer to haul a bike. DID I SAY THAT OUT LOUD, damn I'm getting old.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I say ride your bike, but if you must pull it.

Buy an enclosed trailer for 3 or 4 bikes. Then charge your friends and family to pull their bikes to the rallies. Plus it gives you a little mobile garage. The group I ride with generally pulls a enclosed trailer to rallies(wife, girlfreind, he whos bike is broke drives), empty, unless it rains. But it give us somewhere to lock them up when the need arises.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
harleyheart...check out cycle trader on the internet. They usually have quite a few trailers available. Don't pay any attention to the die hards (ride or don't go). They have no idea why anyone would have to trailer a bike occasionally. I've trailered a few times myself. Time constraints and a wrecked knee that won't allow extended riding. Everybody that has to trailer occasionally is not an "upper". Some of us prefer quality over quantity.

·
Registered
131 Posts
A really nice trailer single or double is Chariot (be ready to lay out the cash) a 2 bike open trailer new around 6 grand!! Oh but what a sweet looking trailer.

Chariot Trailers

·
Registered
384 Posts
Whoa!!! hit the brakes!
I never said (or meant to anyway)EVERYONE who trailers is an "upper".

I did say(or meant to) that do to time constraints and medical problems I can see why some do. I also said it's not for me, for those that want to it's a free country. My "rush" is in the ride. If "I "can't do it, I'll stay home. What other people do to get off is up to them.

Anyone who does a 3000 mile round trip on a scoot is OK in my book.(not that my opinion matters anyway) and if a trailer is needed to enjoy the lifestyle in the future,then so be it. Just not for ME.

The kind of people I was talking about, I think we've all seen. Riding is only secondary, their trip is to impress me with what they can afford to own. More power to them ,I just wish they would stick to yachting and Polo.

Wasn't trying to step on toes... to each his own.

Mister Breeze

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know where you're coming from "breeze". If I had it my way I would ride to work everyday plus the weekends. The wife and I do about 150 to 300 miles on weekends and she has had her bike for only a year and is at 18,000 miles (and that's just weekends + the 3,000 round trip we took last month).
Trailering is just an option for a looooong road trip and maybe an extended stay, like a couple of months in the same area.
Anybody have any experience or advice on the Kendron trailer?

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
People asking for help or advice want just that. Help or advice. There would probably be a lot more questions asked on this forum but for fear of being semi-flamed, the questions go unasked.

·
Registered
458 Posts
If your afraid of being flamed on a stupid computer, the what are you going to do in some little readneck town when the good old boys give you a hard time???

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Computers arent dum people that use them can be. If you fear being flamed on - line how would one ever have the guts to ride a motorcycle??? There is plenty good advice up there too.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
No one likes to be made to look stupid-on line or in person. You misunderstood the word "fear". I live in a little ******* town but the "good ole boys" know better than to fu(k with me. Some one relatively new to the forum and/or riding scoots asks for advice or help and have to listen to a bunch of shite probably won't be in too big of hurry to ask any more questions. Perhaps I jumped the gun with my response. It just seemed like a legitimate question to me.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
dave51 said:
Perhaps I jumped the gun with my response.
No you didn't, you were right on the money. Not everyone has unlimited free time to ride to every event/destination. Not everyone has been into motorcycles since christ was a little boy. Not everyone is mechanically inclined. Not everyone hates the MoFoMoCo.

wyo - red neck, white socks, & Pabst Blue Ribbon beer

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
A few of us are entertaining the thought of Sturgis next summer. It's nineteenfuckinghundred miles from here:rolleyes: So we're thinking of using a motorhome to pull a trailer with four bikes on it. If anyone wants to ride, we pull over and unload. One guy drives the rig, while one or more ride. If it rains or when our asses get sore, or we feel like pushing a few down, we pack it away and continue on. In addition, we have a place to sleep. How can you beat that?
BTW, saw a helmet sticker that was one of those circle with the line through it type (it had a bike trailer in the circle) It read, "I rode mine to Trailer week, 1997" (I think that was the year?)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts