V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an electraglide that i carry on a platform style lift behind my truck and used a nelso riggs cover for a trip. needless to say the cover ripped at a seem and the cover flapped in the breeeze so much it chaifed my front fender and wind shield. i have been told i need to use a custom car type material cover but have no idea where to go.help me find a cover that wont trash my bike.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice

thanks ,that should do; if it can take being hauled side ways and boy are they proud of them $600 damm.........:crying:

·
Registered
838 Posts
The gatorhide looks like a good cover, but I have always been aprehensive about using any kinde of cover on a bike hauled on an open trailer. If ANY part of that cover moves when you are hauling it is going to eventually damage your paint...

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
but with no cover you have the chance of road debris and other wind borne objects wrecking your paint too. to bad closed trailers are so damn expensive.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
trailers

here in south cali the hotels i'm forced to frequent hate taking up more than one parking space so the platform style lift i have is ideal for this purpose yet i've spent enough to buy a good enclosed trailer.California would be heaven if there weren't so many damm people..............:chopper:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts