V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to buy a inclosed trailer to haul 3 HD's . i need enough room to also carry cloths and a few tools as well as a cooler:cheers:
anyone have input on size and or mfg. ?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Thomas Howard said:
looking to buy a inclosed trailer to haul 3 HD's . i need enough room to also carry cloths and a few tools as well as a cooler:cheers:
anyone have input on size and or mfg. ?
Gotta give a little more info than that. What are going to use to tow it, diesel pickup, toyota, grand am or a Freightliner? :bleh:

Seriously, though....need to know the answer to that question.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Carmate trailers are top Quality...one feature on an enclosed trailer that i would definately get is the V-nose. Cuts through the air better. i borrowed one off a friend a couple years ago...didn't even know it was back there. and the V-nose gives you extra storage area.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fijfi said:
Gotta give a little more info than that. What are going to use to tow it, diesel pickup, toyota, grand am or a Freightliner? :bleh:

Seriously, though....need to know the answer to that question.
depends on how big the trailer is :hystria:
no, really, i have a F350 Super duty, and a S10 Blazer ZR1 to pull with
the cooler holds 6 cases of drinks, the tool box has a 9/16 & 1/2 inch boxend wrench a 2lb, 4lb, 6lb, 10lb hammers and 4qt's of 50wt Kendell oil, a roll of 200mph tape and 12ft of 10ga wire.
and oh yea the bikes are a 66 FLH a 75 FLH and a 06 FXDI :wacko:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
xkvator said:
Carmate trailers are top Quality...one feature on an enclosed trailer that i would definately get is the V-nose. Cuts through the air better. i borrowed one off a friend a couple years ago...didn't even know it was back there. and the V-nose gives you extra storage area.
thank you thats the kind of input i need

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JeepPunk said:
Just picked up a 18' Haulmark lowhauler... can place two harleys and two customs plus gear.

Dave
thanks
i looked at a 7'x18' today that fits my needs
V nose
side and rear ramp door
twin 3500lb axles
bike tie downs and wheel choks
$4500

·
Registered
142 Posts
xkvator, love the avatar..were you standing on the side of I-84 this morning? Saw a guy who looked just like that. :265:

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Prky Pg said:
xkvator, love the avatar..were you standing on the side of I-84 this morning? Saw a guy who looked just like that. :265:
No...wasn't me...but he was doing the mandatory job safety inspection...and the shovel is for safety purposes also...a 3-point stance is more stable.

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
buddy of mine picked up an off brand 7'x14' tandem axle, elec. brakes in which he can haul three big twins and some gear in. Not sure what he paid but I believe it was around $3,000-$3,500. I agree a 'V' nose would be the hot set-up. I've recently been pondering a move West and am agonizing about my current ride being appropriate for the long haul while pulling an above mentioned trailer loaded to the ass across the country. It's a meticulously maintained, low miles, Northstar powered DeVille. I'd hate like hell to puke the trans and have two junk Caddys upon arrival. (Current interest has a somewhat used up STS.)

·
Registered
85 Posts
A question for the trailer people. Is the much difference between a torsion axel vs leaf spring? Pros Cons? I realise it could just be personal preference, but wondered if one might pull easier or roll down the highway better.
Thanks
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Mike514 said:
A question for the trailer people. Is the much difference between a torsion axel vs leaf spring? Pros Cons? I realise it could just be personal preference, but wondered if one might pull easier or roll down the highway better.
Thanks
Mike
First off, I've never lived in a trailer so knock off the Jerry Springer sh!t.
That said; Personally, I would go torsion bar. Better ride! The smoother that thing behind you rolls, the less you'll realize it's there. Just don't forget it's there altogether. I've seen and heard of some real bonehead trailer and towed equipment stunts.

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
I bought a new 7X14 tandem axle Shadowmaster Racing Trailer for $3,500 in 2002 that I use to haul my bike in. I know it will handle two and figure three if they are loaded right. I opted for the spring axles instead of the torsion.
At work I have a 7X14 Wells Cargo w/ torsion axles and honestly can't tell the difference between spring and torsion as far as handling.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ok I didn't mean to imply people living in trailers or what ever and sorry if I offended. Was in a hurry/ late for work, and what I meant was the people who have trailers for there bikes. Was looking at an 18 foot Pace for 4 bikes, with the torsion axels, V nose, ramp door and just looking for opinions of what others felt. As for a short trailer like that behind, thats not a problem, I am used to something just a little bigger. And as for towing funnies, or not so funny for the people doing the towing, 23 foot slickcraft on the Dan Ryan, minus the trailer, needs tie downs? What are they for. 30 foot camper trailer with 2 right side flats, you mean I need to take the corner wider while towing that trailer?
Thanks
Mike

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Mike514 said:
Ok I didn't mean to imply people living in trailers or what ever and sorry if I offended. Was in a hurry/ late for work, and what I meant was the people who have trailers for there bikes.
:roflback:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts