V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Looks good, but I would really like to see one before I would make a purchase. The nearest dealer is too far away from me.:D

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
I saw them in Laconia and was very impressed. The whole thing stores on your reciever and apeared well made, I just wish they had one for two bikes.

·
Just bad
698 Posts
After looking at a bunch of the dealer sites, there was one in Marina Del Ray, CA. with a price of $995 + $100 shipping in the US.

Seems like a pretty hefty premium to pay just so it will fit in your trunk. Northern Tool has utility trailer kits for under $200 that would carry a bike with the addition of a wheel channel and a ramp. I suppose if you were clever you could hack one of those up and make it fit in your trunk too...

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
What about those, "fold-up trailers" seen at Home Depot, etc? Does anyone know if they can be modified to accept a scoot? Was there yesterday and saw a rather large trailer that looked like it was built for a landscape business and forgot to go look at the fold-up ones!:D

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
How much is your bike worth? Yes these type trailers would probably get you where yer goen. But they are by no means a heavy duty stable trailer. I don't think you would make out so well if you blow out a tire on the highway. My way to get a GOOD trailer cheap is, Find and old pop up camper and rip everything off of it. I just picked 1 up for FREE. They where junking it. With a hammer and a bar I took the whole thing down in 1/2 hr. It has surge brakes and a soild 7 x 10 floor. Throw on some eyebolts and I'm good to go. Can fit bike, grill, and all other party material. And I switch the plates from my real camper to it whenever I use it. This is the third 1 I've made. All are still rollin.

·
Riding yr rnd in sunny FL
309 Posts
Has anyone had any experience using a caddy that fits into your trailer hitch? It has a 500 lb limit which should be ok for my sporty, but I have heard conflicting reports about transmission damage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The trailer keeps the wife happy on long trips!!!!:) :) :)

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
sb2bb said:
The trailer keeps the wife happy on long trips!!!!:) :) :)
Why don't you just buy her a vibrator?:D

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
fourhour,

Have you seen the helmet sticker that says F*ck You You F*cking F*ck ?

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
wyodude said:
fourhour,

Have you seen the helmet sticker that says F*ck You You F*cking F*ck ?
Yeah, Saw it on a cash register at a biker bar! That's where I got the saying only now I have to edit it. Thanks for the insight ya fuckinfuck:D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts