V-Twin Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
No, I haven't (other than the other thread you and I talked about my neighbor). I think they are sneaky and probably have a good nose. My dogs are always with me when I check my cameras. Maybe they don't like the dog scent or maybe my cameras aren't in the right places.

Can you think of anything I might be missing?

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
The pics you have of them are at night. I think most of the times I have seen them is on the side of the road at night. The ones on my camera have been at night too.

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I saw a red fox in the daylight one time out here. That's the only one I have seen. The rest are all at night. They are neat animals

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I remember seeing one in an urban area during the day. Can't recall off hand one in the day, in the woods.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I got some of a wolf on my phone, but not that good. I wasn't able to get a pic of a badger I saw, first time I saw one. Really cool. Got some pics on trail cam of fisher too. He wouldn't sit still long enough to get pic with my camera. Never stopped moving.

Got lots of bears pics, was fun going through them.

I was surprised how loud wolves could be walking. They trotted across the dry leaves. I was expecting slow and quite.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I got some of a wolf on my phone, but not that good. I wasn't able to get a pic of a badger I saw, first time I saw one. Really cool. Got some pics on trail cam of fisher too. He wouldn't sit still long enough to get pic with my camera. Never stopped moving.

Got lots of bears pics, was fun going through them.

I was surprised how loud wolves could be walking. They trotted across the dry leaves. I was expecting slow and quite.

The black bear is great! Is the other a wolf or coyote? Looks more like a coyote size to me but it's hard to tell sometimes

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I am not sure, but I think a wolf. I think this is to big for a coyote. Also thick neck.

My bears dissappeared when the pack showed up. Though temps were very warm and it was start of 3 rd period hunting. Wolves will drive bears out. One hunter said by looking at his camera he thinks the wolves wait for the bears to uncover the bait. You dig a hole and cover it with logs to keep smaller animals out.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I think this is a fishcer. He also came out in the day, I think to eat crows, that were eating popcorn. I made 100lbs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I am not sure, but I think a wolf. I think this is to big for a coyote. Also thick neck.

My bears dissappeared when the pack showed up.
Actually Zerk, I think that is a very rare and vicious Yooper Hyena. Mixture of wolverine and grey wolf the Yooper Hyena is feared by all other wildlife in the forest.

They do have one fatal flaw. Known to sneak into hunt camp and pilferage beer they often get confused when drunk. Many will actually try mating a tree. Similar to the example seen in your picture.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
As long as it doesn't crawl into bed with me, I am ok. I sometimes leave an offering on the porch, when temps drop.

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Big Bucks

My most recent and most exciting pictures are these 3 guys together. I have better pictures of them but not with all 3 together. The best I can tell they are all 8 pointers. These pictures are after deer season here so there will be some good genetics breeding does in my area.

When I check my trail cameras each week it's exciting to come home and see what will see!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
14 Yr Old In Action

Checked the cameras again today. Nice shot of my 14 yr old power sliding the Rhino in the snow. Although this isn't the reason I have the cameras out it's still cool to see action shots like this....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Coyote and Turkey's

Here are some pictures from my friend's trail camera near Salem Missouri. First, there are a crap load of turkey's here. But the coolest thing is you can see a Coyote eating right next to the turkeys. I have never seen that before.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I am surprised the turkeys don't take off.

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Me too. Everyone that has seen that pictures can't believe it. That never happens around these parts.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Maybe they are just that hungry.

During deer season, I had a buck come in to 4 does. Shot the buck. One little doe stayed. I waited 15 minutes, not wanting to give up my spot. I then tried a grunt call, then tried making some noise in my blind. Then opened the door slamming it. I finally walked up and go halfway down the ladder, before she left. There was 4 feet of snow. They were desperate for food.

What sucked, but the time, I gave up and let the doe know I was there, it was dark.

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
Have a good friend owns a ranch down on the Texas Mexico border (Rio Grande). He has all kinds of trail cameras, both still and video, along his property bordering Mexico. He has thousands of trail camera pics of wild life but mostly illegals getting water out of his stock tanks. He's sent me several but I've usually deleted them. One of interest was taken of one of his larger stock tanks full of men and women, totally nude, all bathing in the tank. Google "trail camera illegals" and you'll see a lot of his pics.

8~\o

21 - 40 of 40 Posts