V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was curious if anyone out there knows of dealers who "trade parts?" Have heard that there are some out there that are willing to take OEM non chromed parts and trade (obviously for $$$) for chromed pieces. OEM sprockets for chromed ones?

Is this a myth? Any in SoCal?

·
Longtime Asphalt Cowboy
3,291 Posts
There are several quality chrome shops around the country that work just that way. You give them you used OEM parts or "core" and they will sell you a chromed version. I know of 3 such shops in the Chicago area. I also know of one dealership in the area that does the same thing. Don't know what parts you're talking about but both concerns have just about everything that's not already chromed. If you want particulars email me and I'll give you some names and numbers.

Check there locally for chrome shops and I'm sure they can steer you in the right direction. If you don't have any luck, as I indicated, email me.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Check out the advertisers in American Iron and other Harley mags. There is a full page ad usually every other month from some firm doing it nation wide. Also check with the independent V-twin shop in your area. Good luck.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks everyone for the responses!! :) i will check into high desert tomorrow, as i have to head out that way anyway. thought this might be a more practical way to go after i showed my wife my latest $2000 wish list -- mind you, this is after already dropping a few on the bike and some other "necessary and immediate" items. will spare you all the details of the conversation, as i am sure that most of you have been there! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thanks again!!;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts