V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, nice Sporty folks, tomorrow I guess I'll have to move my hangout to the Dyna Forum. I love my '03 Gunmetal 1200S in many ways, but even with the highway pegs it is a little cramped for me when on the road. I found a dealer about 90 miles from me who will trade new MSRP for new MSRP on a '03 Gunmetal FXD Dyna. The other area dealers laughed at me. This dealer also offers a FREE 1,000 mile service. My Sporty, the Sportster Forum and you guys have been fun. Ride on! :D

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hey Troup, you wont start looking "down" on use Sporty owners now will ya? Ha Ha..

I know you will enjoy the "bigness" of the Dyna's. Now when thats gets cramped you'll have the move to a Road King!

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Kags said:
Hey Troup, you wont start looking "down" on use Sporty owners now will ya? Ha Ha..

I know you will enjoy the "bigness" of the Dyna's. Now when thats gets cramped you'll have the move to a Road King!

Nope....looking down on another biker because of what he/she rides will never happen. I've never understood that. Some of my best friends even ride metrics. ;) I had an FLHPI ordered before I got my 1200S and figured out it wouldn't fit in the one space I have left in my garage. A Dyna will barely fit.

Nahhhhhh, Alien, no uniform. I retired 22 months ago and I live in a different state. This dealer actually seems to have some sense. :)

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Hats off to ya Troop , retired and owning a Sporty too! You did'nt even get mad when I mis-spelled Troop!

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Kags said:
Hats off to ya Troop , retired and owning a Sporty too! You did'nt even get mad when I mis-spelled Troop!
I've also learned not to let little stuff bother me anymore. There's way more important stuff to worry about.....like: do I want Gunmetal or Black, H-D highway pegs or those from J&P, which windshield, do I want a Sundowner seat or a Mustang seat......you know.....important stuff. :D

·
Registered
875 Posts
I bet you will miss the ole sporty

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Misguided said:
I bet you will miss the ole sporty
Already do miss it. Wish I could afford both bikes, but that ain't gonna happen. The bikes sure are different. Lots to like about both, but size and riding position won out.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Guy next door gets a FLHRCI. I seen them at the local bike night. Talked to his old lady and she said" You got a Harley right?"

I said " no, I got TWO Harleys"

1999 xlh883
2001 FXDXT

A Sporster and a Dyna....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts