V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First "big" bike. Had Sportsters and Super Glides before. Got the 2006 Road King Classic. Interesting bike. First fuel-injected one I've owned. Tried the cruise control. That's nice, eh?

Funny thing, it handles better than my Dyna. :hmmm: My son rides a crotch-rocket. He didn't believe me. Put him on the RK and after half an hour, he wouldn't give it back.

This thing has a very light touch in the corners and I have to say that I'm still getting used to it.

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
HD's bagger line handles extremely well for its intended purpose. My floorboards are now razor blades. Enjoy, and ride within your means!

·
Banned
1,443 Posts
kballowe said:
First "big" bike. Had Sportsters and Super Glides before. Got the 2006 Road King Classic. Interesting bike. First fuel-injected one I've owned. Tried the cruise control. That's nice, eh?

Funny thing, it handles better than my Dyna. :hmmm: My son rides a crotch-rocket. He didn't believe me. Put him on the RK and after half an hour, he wouldn't give it back.

This thing has a very light touch in the corners and I have to say that I'm still getting used to it.
Smart choice, and yes it does handle better.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
These bike do handle well don't they. I purchased an Ultra back in November and was also surprised at its handling capability. I also have a Softail Standard and have to say that at any speed above 5mph the Ultra outhandles the Softail easily. Under 5 mph? Well, the Ultra is still a big heavy beast. :D

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. are you looking for help to find your son? what color is the bike, if I see it I'll let you know.

·
Registered
645 Posts
lol.. i can relate to his sons feelings. I used to be a "rice burner fanatic" until I rode my buddies RKC. You couldnt pry me off the hog. heh..

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Took the old lady out today for HER first ride. Was a bit cool out today, but not for a guy with a brand new bike. Found out that the windshield makes a big difference. Ordered a lowering kit. I'm only 5"9" so I'm hopeing to drop it an inch or so. We'll see.

I'm going to have to do a lot of research on a stage 1 setup. This is my first EFI bike and I don't have a clue. Wish me luck.

Thanks for the replies.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
kballowe said:
Took the old lady out today for HER first ride. Was a bit cool out today, but not for a guy with a brand new bike. Found out that the windshield makes a big difference. Ordered a lowering kit. I'm only 5"9" so I'm hopeing to drop it an inch or so. We'll see.

I'm going to have to do a lot of research on a stage 1 setup. This is my first EFI bike and I don't have a clue. Wish me luck.

Thanks for the replies.
I have the lowering kit on my RKC. If I were to do it again, I would go with Progressive 440's. Do your homework before purchasing the HD kit.

YB

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm the same height (5'9"). I dropped my scoot one inch, front and back. I'll tell you now.. you will be in the market for more reach. That was the deal in my case anyway. Maybe our inseams are different but.. I had to also purchase a Corbin Classic (close). Just letting you know so you can budget for it now. lol..

I cant comment on the better of stabilities since all i've ever ridden was Road King. I know i have no complaints about any aspect of this touring marvel (well.. with the exception of the shitty stock bars ;) ). Good luck and Enjoy your new elegant beast. :)

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
Me Too!

Went the same route in September. Took a few days of getting used to and a set of bars that come back further but What a machine!! Brandywine pearl!!!!! ?prty:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts